If the school supply aisle in the department stores are any indication, it seems summer vacation is over and school is back in session. Whether your child is starting kindergarten or their senior year of high school, one thing is for sure-they will change this year.
They'll have new experiences, make new friends, learn new things, and find new interests. Right now is a perfect opportunity to remember what that child is like right now, and see how much they grow by the end of the school year. Creating similar layouts at both the beginning and end of the year will help you record their growth.
- What are you looking forward to this year?
- What are your favorites? (color, music, movies, tv shows, books, etc.)
- Who are your best friends?
- What activities do you like to do? (sports, instruments, hobbies, etc.)
- What would you like to learn this year?
- Age? Weight? Height? (especially for younger children)
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
You'll be amazed at how different some of the answers to the same questions are at the end of the year, and at how some of their answers stay the same year after year. It's a great way to record your child's personality and growth during those changing years.