Hybrid Step-by-Step: 5th Grade
With the school year over and summer in full swing I find it helpful to step back and take a look at the entire school year. Whether it is field trips, friends or academics, I like to review the year. In at least one layout, I give a general overview of my daughter's progress during the year. In this layout, I considered her changes both academically and socially over the year. While doing this layout, I needed some cool graphics for my page. I looked into my digital scrapbook sources and found some great supplies. Incorporating the digital graphics and journaling allowed me to create a clean, simple page with lots of information. Here is how I created my hybrid layout:
- Scenic Route Patterned Paper - Sumner
- Scenic Route/Bazzill Cardstock - Sumner pack
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
- American Crafts Thickers Chipboard Letter Stickers - Shoe Box and Gift Box
- Designer Digitals graphics - "School's In" WordArt Overlays/Transparencies and "Hipsters Plumes" by Anna Aspnes
- Prima flowers
- American Tag - black brads
- spray adhesive
- Glue Dots
- On tan paper adhere one 5" x 7" photograph flush with the top edge and 1 1/8" from the right edge.
- Cut three rectangles from patterned paper: one 4 5/8" x 3 3/4", one 4 5/8" x 6 7/8", and one 4 7/8" x 3 3/4". Ink the edges with brown ink. Adhere to the cardstock.
- Add a title with black chipboard, centering it on the upper left block of patterned paper.
- Open the digital graphic in image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop. (I choose a graphic of a school-related saying.) Open a new document. Select, copy and paste the quote into the new document. Open a digital graphic of a flourish, copy it and add it to the new document. Resize the new document to fit in the lower right space of the layout. Print it on a transparency. Adhere it to the layout with spray adhesive.
- Choose another school-related saying. Select, copy and paste it into a new document. Choose a flourish. Select, copy and paste into the document. Resize to fit for 3 inches wide. Add journaling.
- Print on tan cardstock and adhere to the layout.
- Insert black brads into blue flowers. Adhere to the cardstock with glue dots.
It's easy to add digital text and cool graphics to a traditional page. So, don't hesitate to add digital graphics to your scrapbook pages.