Even though I don't often use it in my scrapbooks, one color I adore is blue. Since I have only one child and it is a girl, I most often use pinks. When I developed these photos of my nephew, I knew that I was finally going to be able to use one of the colors I love the most. The Glitz Design paper was perfect. Both sides of the double-sided paper matched my nephew's shirt so well. Here is how I created this page step-by-step.
- 2 sheets of Faded Paper by Glitz Design from the Angst Collection
- 1 sheet of green Die Cuts With a Viewcardstock
- White Bazzill Cardstock[K1]
- Threading Water Punchby Fiskars
- Making Memories Tiny White Alphabet Stickers
- Making Memories Tiny Black Alphabet Stickers
- American Crafts Remarks Foam Alphabet Stickers
- Paper Shapers Whale of a Punch-1 3/8"
- Paper Shaper Small Circle Punch
- Marvy Uchida Clever Lever 2" Circle Punch
- Paper Shaper Medium Circle Punch
- Bo Bunny Naked Chipboard Photo Corner[K2]
- Black Zig Writer
- white tag
- label punch
- American Craft Gift Box chipboard alphabet stickers
- Cut the green piece of cardstock into a 9 ½" by 6 ½" piece. Adhere the bottom photo so it is ¼" from the right, left and bottom of the green cardstock. Adhere the top photo ¼" from the right, left and top of the cardstock. There will be 1 ¼" strip of green cardstock showing in the middle.
- Adhere the photo mat, slightly tilting it to the left, to the blue side of the Glitz Design patterned paper. Make sure you leave 2" without adhesive ½" from the bottom right of the photo mat so that you can slide the journaling tag in and out.
- Using the Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch, punch a circle border from white Bazzill cardstock. Adhere to the left of the photo mat.
- Using the 2" circle punch, punch two circles from the green and blue side of the second piece of Glitz Design paper. Punch three circles each using the small, medium and 1 3/8" circle punches. Randomly adhere the circles in between the photos, on the 1 ¼" of green cardstock that is showing. Make sure the circles overlap the background paper about a ½" on the right and left sides of the photo.
- Using the American Crafts foam and chipboard alphabet letters, adhere the title over the circles.
- Adhere the photo corner to the top right corner of the top photo.
- Using small white alphabet letters, adhere the date about ½" from the right side and ¾" from the top of the bottom photo.
- Journal on the tag. Punch a label from the patterned side of Glitz Paper and adhere to the top of the tag. Adhere small black alphabet letters over the label.
I hope this layout inspires you to get out your favorite colors and scrap a page!