I absolutely love these new American Crafts patterned papers and embellishments! They're bright and fun and there are so many different shapes and designs to play with. Throw in a little bit of Glitz Frosting and you have a girly and glitzy layout. I was tickled with these pictures of Hailey, and I couldn't believe how big she looked in them. She's growing so fast! In honor of that I created my layout, 'Hard To Believe.' Come with me as I take you step by step through creating this layout:
- American Crafts - Everyday Collection - 12x12 Paper - Aloha
- American Crafts - Moda Bella Collection - 12x12 Paper - Playful
- American Crafts - Glitter Chipboard Thickers - LAX - Black
- American Crafts - Flair - Everyday - 8 Adhesive Badges - Smile
- American Crafts - Everyday Collection - 12x12 Paper - Howdy
- American Crafts - Moda Bella Collection - 12x12 Paper - Chic
- American Crafts - Everyday Collection - 12x12 Paper - Hello
- Glitz Design - Frosting Collection - Self-Adhesive Rhinestones - Frosting Sunbursts
- Glitz Design - Icing Collection - Self-Adhesive Pearls - Icing Polka Dots - White and Black
- Glitz Design - Frosting Collection - Self-Adhesive Rhinestones - 12" Round Strips - Pink
I took my die-cut paper and, from a previously created template, cut the pink patterned paper to fit into the center of the die-cut paper. I then added graph paper in the center of the pink paper - slightly to the right-hand side. I tore it on the bottom for added texture. I then added the American Crafts patterned paper to the center of the graph paper. I tore the sides a little bit and distressed it before adhering it.
Time for photos! I printed three photos at 2" x 3" and adhered them in the center of the patterned paper. To go with the whimsical and fun design, I placed the photos slightly tilted.
One of my favorite things to do is create embellishments from patterned paper - it's an inexpensive way to embellish! I cut out several different shapes from the paper and then adhered on both the right- and left-hand sides with foam pop dots for extra dimension. I also added some Glitz Frosting to the top right and the bottom left of the design. I added one of the very cool American Craft Flair embellishments on the right side.
I absolutely love the American Crafts Glitter Thickers and knew I had to use them on this layout! I adhered them in the center of the photos and then added the Making Memories Tiny Alphas to finish the title up.
The journaling is next! I typically print my journaling and then cut it into thin strips. I adhered it using my Xyron Create-A-Sticker to the bottom right side of the design.
The final step - Stickles! I love adding a little bit of glitter! I used the Stickles on the outline of the clouds to give them extra texture and shine.
Six easy steps and voila - a fun and colorful layout!