The ladies from my church threw a very sweet baby shower for me shortly before my son was born. Even though it was our second child, they "showered" us with gifts of diapers, wipes, little boy clothes and toys. It was definitely something I wanted to remember.
Before the shower, I put together the background for the following layout to use as the guest sign-in sheet, and then later added the three photographs and journaling to complete the page. I love the authenticity of having the signatures of all my guests written directly on the layout.
- Bazzill Basics Brown Cardstock
- Teresa Collins Die Cuts
- Cosmo Cricket Jack's World Adhesive Die Cuts
- American Crafts Remarks Journaling 2 Brown
- orange ribbon
- Green Zig Writer
- Making Memories "baby shower" sticker
- patterned paper
- SEI Doodley-Doo Boy Alphabet Stickers
- Trim a piece of patterned paper to 8" x 11 ½" and adhere it to the left side of the background cardstock, leaving about a ¼" border around the patterned paper.
- Carefully cut off the black outline on the Teresa Collins bracketed die cut (I did this because I was using brown accents rather than black). Then add a green outline with the Zig Writer.
- Adhere the die cut to the upper right corner of the page.
- Tie a knot in a thin piece of ribbon and add a vertical ribbon border between the patterned paper and die cut.
- Add the giraffe sticker and star accent sticker over the top of the ribbon, below the die cut. Then use a brown brad to create his eye.
- Use the SEI Doodley-Doo alphabet stickers to create a layered title, "guests", at the top of the die cut.
- Adhere the Making Memories "baby shower" sticker to a piece of orange cardstock, trim to create a thin orange border, and adhere over the "g" in "guests" to complete the title.
- Next, add the bracketed journaling sticker to the lower left portion of the layout and hand-write your journaling and the date.
- Finally, mat your photos with brown cardstock and adhere them to the open top left section of the layout to complete the page.
This was an easy layout to pre-make and fill in later.