The new Summer Cool line by Imaginisce is one of my favorites. I find it a bit surprising because I have always been drawn to more neutral or earth-tone colors for my scrapbook. I don't dress or decorate in bright colors, so they always seem to be such a challenge for me to use. This line is colorful but uses more muted tones and was perfect for this photo of my daughter.
The image is one of many that I took while we enjoyed an afternoon at the lake. I set this one apart from the others because the overall theme was different from the rest. This picture was more about slowing down and taking time to enjoy what we love about summer; at least that is what I was trying to convey. When I considered how to scrapbook it, I wanted the layout to have the same feel.
I love how these papers came together to create a page that shows the playfulness and warmth of summer without taking away from the feel of the serene moment in the photograph. Here is how I did it.
- Bazzill cardstock
- Banana Flip Flopby Imaginisce
- Strawberry Sorbet by Imaginisce
- Bubblegum Blast by Imaginisce
- Imaginisce Seaside Mix flowers
- Heidi Swapp decorative tapes
- Chatterbox rub-on word (title)
- Autumn Leaves rub-on (corner)
- Sakura pen set
- Glue Dots
- Cut a piece of the Strawberry Sorbet paper 5 ½" x 9 ½". Glue it down a little off center, about 1 ½" in from the right side of the cardstock.
- Cut a 3 ¼" x 5" piece of the Bubblegum Blast paper and attach it to the right side of the layout, 3 ¾" down from the top of the layout.
- Using the pink side of a sheet of the Strawberry Sorbet cut 2" x 3 ½", tear the right side to make a 2" x 3" piece. Adhere to the layout above the Bubblegum Blast paper in step 2. Then take a 4 ½" piece of green Heidi Swapp decorative tape and place it near the bottom of the patterned paper.
- Cut a piece of Banana Flip Flop paper 2 ¼" x 4" and tear down the left side so the piece is approximately 2 ¼" x 3 ½". Attach this piece to the left side of the Bubblegum Blast paper, about 3 1/8" from the top of the layout.
- Rub the title word onto a scrap of white cardstock and cut to ¾" x 3". Then cut a ½" x 4 ½" strip of the Bubblegum Blast paper. Tear both of the left edges of these paper strips and glue to the top of the Banana Flip Flop paper. Next, cut a piece of brown Heidi Swapp decorative tape and place it on the bottom edge of the striped paper and secure it to the back of the layout.
- Adhere a 4" x 6" photograph below the Banana Flip Flop paper, overlapping the Bubblegum Blast paper on the right.
- Take a piece of orange Heidi Swapp decorative tape 9 ½" long and stick it across the bottom of the layout, about ¼" under the photograph.
- Layer a cream paper flower on the top of a blue flower and secure with a brad. Glue to the layout in the upper right corner of the photograph with a glue dot.
- Place a rub-on in the lower right corner of the photograph.
- Use a Sakura pen to add additional information to the layout.