Here are a few fun and easy gift ideas for that special man in your life. In the past I've been really creative in my crafted gifts for the moms, sisters and friends I love - but I haven't yet tackled creating a handmade gift for my father or husband.
This year I decided I wanted to make those special guys something from the heart. It was fun to think outside the box a little and try something new.
The three gift ideas I have to share with you are: a CD holder, a covered candy bar, , and a canvas frame. I'm used to working with bright, tropical-inspired colors and floral patterns. These projects gave me a chance to dig through my stash and use some masculine patterns and themes.
This is an easy project that you can alter to hold any small item - a book, a DVD, a small tool or maybe a gift certificate to his favorite store and some new air fresheners for his car!
- cardstock - Paper Accents
- patterned paper - Francis Meyer
- alphabet stickers - BasicGrey
- DMC Floss
- Page Pebbles - K&Company
- letter stamps - Stampin' Up
- ink - StazOn
- corner round punch - Marvy Uchida
Candy Bar Holder
My man loves his chocolate! I decided to do several small gifts for him, spread out over the whole day. This is one of the little items I decided he would like. I simply took his favorite jumbo-sized chocolate and created an attractive wrap to make it more special.
- cardstock - Bazzill
- patterned paper - Chatterbox
- mini letter stickers - Making Memories
- "Cherish" sticker - Bazzill
- metal accent - Making Memories
- letter rub-ons - unknown
- scallop circle die cut - Stampin' Up
- vintage book page
What dad doesn't love pictures of his kids? I decided to create a photo frame for my dad's desk. There are several varieties of unfinished frames on the market. Try wood, acrylic, canvas, or even make one of your own from matte board.
- frame - EK Success
- acrylic paint - Apple Barrel, Plaid
- patterned paper - unknown
- chipboard letters - Making Memories
- rub-on letters - Making Memories
- mini brads - Making Memories
- "Love" ticket - Making Memories
- vintage button
Here are a couple more project ideas; maybe one of these would work for your husband, brother, or father.
- handmade garden stakes
- BBQ spice set with custom-made recipe cards
- desk set with monogrammed notepad, covered pen holder, and mini calendar
- luggage tags for the man in your life that travels a lot
- gift certificate booklet with coupons for massage, ball game, bowling, movies, etc.
- dad's photo brag book for his desk
- altered clock
- dresser tray for keys, wallet etc. with photos and memorabilia under glass
I hope you've enjoyed these project ideas, and that you'll share your own Father's Day creations with us in the gallery so that we can continue to inspire each other!