Here are a few new ideas for creating patriotic, or Americana-themed, embellishments for your scrapbook layouts. If you're like me (an overachiever in the photography department on every holiday or special occasion) then you too may have several years worth of Fourth of July photos waiting to be scrapped.
These accent pieces will add some pizzazz to any project.
These cute little pinwheels would be fantastic on cards, invitations, or as accents on your BBQ, Picnic, or Fourth of July decorations. Wouldn't they be adorable on paper napkin rings or place-setting cards? I've shown you mine on an invitation to our annual holiday BBQ. Larger versions of these can be given out as party favors if attached to skinny dowels, or arranged in a vase with red and white flowers for a fun Americana-themed centerpiece.
- cardstock - Paper Accents
- patterned paper - Making Memoires
- card base - Bazzill
- glitter brads - Making Memories
- square punch - EK Success
- stamp -- Stampin' Up
- ink -- Stampin' Up
- ribbon - May Arts
- tag - Office Depot
Glitter Star Tags
This fun tag uses a hand-cut, negative star image, layered over a glittered background piece for extra sparkle. This could work on your scrapbook layouts, cards, or gift tags. Swap out the colors and go from patriotic to Christmas, or use bright colors for a fun birthday tag.
- cardstock - Bazzill
- shipping tag - Office Depot
- embossing folder - Cuttlebugby Provo Craft
- adhesive - Xyron 900
- glitter - Aileens (gold) and Stickles (red)
- ribbon - Offrey
- jumbo glitter brad - Making Memories
- star punch - EK Success
- chipboard star - Tim Holtz, Grunge Board
This is an easy title made with masking letters. It's something fun and new to try! The two different layers keep the eye moving and add something special to an otherwise very simple layout.
- patterned paper - Bo Bunny
- masking letters - Tim Holtz, Ransom
- Acrylic Paint Dabber - Adirondack
- felt trim - Queen & Co.
- acrylic gem title - Zva Creative
- ABC stickers - Reminisce
- ABC rub-ons - unknown
I hope you enjoyed these projects, and I wish you luck scrapping your own Fourth of July layouts!