Step-by-Step: Christmas PJ’s
Looking back through Christmas photos from 2008, I found photos featuring my sons as they proudly displayed their brand new PJ pants. Stuffing their stockings with a pair of rolled-up PJ pants has become a fun Christmas tradition in our home. Traditions are a great subject for scrapbook layouts, so I created a layout that documents this tradition.
Here's a closer look at the products used on this layout:
- Pink Paislee patterned paper from the Mistletoe & Co. Collection - Santa's Workshop
- Crate Paper patterned paper from the North Pole Collection (Sleigh Bells) (Pine)
- BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses Collection Doilies Laser-cut paper - green
- Crate Paper North Pole Collection (Chipboard Stickers - Accents)
- Crate Paper North Pole Collection (Art Brads)
- Elle's Studio Vintage Moments journaling block
- Pink Paislee Expression Collection Chipboard Glitter alpha - Limeade
- Making Memories Tiny Alpha - black on white
- Martha Stewart journaling pen - black
- Scrapbook Adhesives E-Z Dots Repositionable Tape Runner
- Use a 12" x 12" patterned paper for the base of the layout.
- Cut another patterned paper to 5 ¾" x 11". Apply adhesive and layer vertically over the 12" x 12" base, 1 1/8" from the left-hand side.
- Using a sewing machine, zigzag stitch along the edge of the 5 ¾" x 11" patterned paper.
- Cut the BasicGrey doilies laser-cut paper in half. Mount the half sheet horizontally, 2" from the top of the layout. Scrapbook Adhesives E-Z Dots are clear and work perfectly for the laser-cut paper.
- Mount the first vertical 4" x 6" photo to the 5 ¾" x 11" patterned paper piece, ½" from the top and ½" from the left edge.
- Apply adhesive to the second 4" x 6" vertical photo. Measure 3 ½" down on the righthand side of the first photo. Place the top left corner of the second photo here, so that you create a stairstep effect with your photo placement.
- Mount the journaling block above the second photo.
- Using a craft knife, make a small slice in the center of the chipboard ornament and embellish with a brad.
- Mount the chipboard accents as shown over the first photo and journaling block.
- Place the glitter chipboard alpha title just to the left bottom corner of the second photo. Finish the title using the tiny alpha stickers from Making Memories.
- Some double-sided patterned paper comes with a decorative edge that can be trimmed off and used on your layout. On this layout, it is used as a transition on the raw edge of the laser-cut paper.
- Finish the layout with journaling and embellish with additional chipboard accents.