Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Andrea Steed
With at least nine babies to buy gifts for this spring (it seems ALL my friends decided to have their babies at the same time), I decided to get crackin’ on some fun personalized diaper-bag tags using my favorite scrapbooking products. They’re inexpensive (use your scraps), easy (they can be partially pre-made), and have just the right homemade touch that any new mom will love (ahh…alphabet stickers)!
With a decorated design on one side and the baby’s name on the other, diaper-bag tags are a perfect way to distinguish one bag from the next at day care and church nurseries.
- double-sided patterned paper
- chipboard alphabet
- baby-, boy- or girl-themed die-cuts, stickers, silk flowers (or other embellishment)
- circle punch
- white gel pen
- ink pad
- corner rounder
- clear plastic badge holders (available at office-supply stores)
- Choose a double-sided patterned paper and cut it to fit inside the pocket for the clear ID badge holder. Mine were 3.5 ” x 2.5”.
- Use a corner rounder to round the edges of each card.
- On one side of the card, add a 1.25” x 2.5” strip of cardstock and a circle punch to anchor your themed embellishment of choice. In the two examples above, I used a car sticker for the boy tags and a silk flower and button for the girl tags.
- Ink or outline the edges of all the paper elements, making sure to detail both sides of the background card (in different colored inks if you wish!).
- Assemble the decorative side of the tag, adding your themed embellishment.
- On the opposite side of the tag, adhere a chipboard alphabet monogram and the name of the baby. On the boy tags, I used alphabet stickers to write the name, while on the girl tags, I simply printed the names on white cardstock strips.
- Insert the tags into the ID badge holders.
- Add a ribbon to the pre-cut hole at the top of the ID badge holder. This can be used to attach the tag to a strap on a diaper bag. A more versatile option (for those who change diaper bags as often as they change purses) would be using a key ring or zipper clip.
While I was at it, I also made some neutral baby-themed tags using the Crate Paper Little Sprouts collection of papers and die cuts, for my “not-finding-out” friends!
Tip: With just a few tweaks (i.e. monogram on one side and name, address and phone number on the other) these also make great luggage tag gifts!