Step by Step: Backyard Groovin’
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Trish Dykes
As soon as I saw the new Live Loud collection by Imaginisce, these photos of my daughter dancing around our backyard came to my mind. I had not scrapbooked them before, because I could not find any papers that seemed to fit the theme.
Not only are the papers in this collection double-sided, but they have a glossy texture that adds dimension to the design. The Live Loud collection also includes great quality coordinating ribbons, epoxy glass stickers, clear rubber stamps, and rub-ons.
- Bazzill cardstock - Parakeet
- Bazzill cardstock - White
- Bazzill cardstock - Vibrant Blue
- Imaginisce patterned paper - Backstage Pass
- Imaginisce epoxy glass stickers - Double Platinum
- Imaginisce ribbon - Live Loud Collection
- Autumn Leaves white rub-on letters and stars
- Cut the orange strip off the bottom of the Backstage Pass paper and trim to 8 ½” x 11”. Adhere to the left side of the cardstock.
- Cut a piece 3 ½" x 8" from the remaining Backstage Pass paper. Wrap a 9" piece of orange ribbon around the paper and then glue it to the cardstock 1/4" in from the right edge and 1 ½" down from the top. Tie ribbon into a bow on the front.
- Trim two of the photos to 2" x 3 ½" and two of them to 2" x 4 ½". Arrange them together as shown and adhere to the blue cardstock. Trim and then adhere the photo block to white cardstock. Trim again, leaving a 1/4" edge. Glue to cardstock, slightly overlapping both the orange strip and the patterned paper on the right.
- Apply Double Platinum epoxy stickers as desired. I used one on the left edge of the photo block, one on the top right corner of the patterned paper and one on the patterned paper, matching the CD design.
- Use rub-on letters to put the title on the layout under the patterned paper on the lower right. Rub an additional line of stars on the top left side of the cardstock.