Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Andrea Steed
I can't help but get caught up in the excitement of pumpkins in the fall, from going to the pumpkin patch to pick the perfect one to painting, carving and decorating with them around the house, and even eating my favorite fall dessert -- pumpkin chocolate chip marble cheesecake. Yum. With all this pumpkin activity, it's no surprise that every year, I manage to make one or two scrapbook pages that can use a few pumpkin embellishments! Here are a few ideas for making your own pumpkin embellishments:
- Use several different shades of small orange and yellow buttons to form a pumpkin.
- Tear or cut cardstock or patterned paper into circles and add a green cardstock or ribbon stem.
- Create a wire outline of a pumpkin and sew it to your layout -- add colored beads to decorate.
- Wad up orange tissue paper and glue it to the page in a pumpkin shape to create texture.
- Create your entire layout on a large pumpkin-shaped background.
- Sillhouette-cut a photograph of a pumpkin or jack-o-lantern to use as an embellishment.
- Spray Glimmer Mist on a pre-made pumpkin die cut or sticker to add shimmer.
- Stamp a design onto a pumpkin die cut, such as swirls, polka-dots, flowers, paisleys, etc.
- Dry pumpkin seeds and spritz them with a pearlized glimmer spray to add sheen, and then add the seeds to your pumpkin page. (Great for recipe and carving pages!)
- Punch holes in cardstock or patterned paper in the outline of a pumpkin and let a contrasting paper show through the backside. Use dimensional adhesive to add depth.
Always looking for fun new ideas, I scoured the Scrapjazz.com gallery for some of your best pumpkin layouts and embellishments:
- At the Patch by Mjmarmo - In this cute layout, circle scraps of patterned paper become festive pumpkins!
- One Fall Morning by Rhondau - With an orange button and a scrap of green ribbon, not only does this pumpkin dress up the page, but it also serves as a letter of the title.
- Pumpkin Patch by Nora - Nora uses three simple ovals and dimensional adhesive to create a textured pumpkin embellishment.
Pumpkin-themed scrapbook products are some of my favorites. There are so many to choose from! Here are three must-haves that stand out:
- Pumpkin Parade die-cut paper by Creative Imaginations
- Designer Pumpkin rhinestone pumpkin by BasicGrey
- Halloween Edge Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts