Step-by-Step: LOVE On Our Wedding Day
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Jane Swanson
Wedding albums differ from couple to couple as each couple has their own unique colors and styles. The common factor among wedding albums is a dynamic title page. The title page usually has a bit more punch and pizzazz than the other pages. It sets the tone for the rest of the ‘happy couple’ pages. This special title page is in the wedding scrapbook for my son and his lovely wife.
While my base papers are from a Club Scrap Pure and Simple collection, it is the Prima flowers and bling that make this a center-stage layout.
- Choose a special piece of 12” x 12” cardstock.
- Choose a coordinating 8 1/2” x 11” piece of cardstock and center it to feature any patterns that you don’t want to cover up on the 12” x 12” cardstock.
- Mount a double-matted 5” x 7” photo in the lower right corner of the 8 1/2” x 11” paper.
- Adhere your title over the top of the photo and use computer-generated subtitles under the chipboard letters.
- Attach other computer-generated journaling strips to the left side of the photo.
- Adhere the bling to the lower right corner of the photo and overlap the corner of the 8 1/2” x 11” paper.
- Pick two of the lacquered leaves and adhere with Glue Dots at the stem.
- Center a larger Innocence flower over the crossed leaves with Glue Dots.
- Use the chalks to make the Fairytale roses whatever color you wish. In my layout I chose the color orange to coordinate with the photo and adhered them with Glue Dots.
- Use the chalk again to make the Dogwood flowers a deeper blue and adhere them with Glue Dots. Arrange two in the flower combination and one on the corner of the title.
Find that wedding photo that you want to have as a focal point of the day and scrap it with plenty of Prima bling and flowers. You will then have a wow layout that sets the stage for the photos to come.