Holiday Card Collage
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Jeanette Giancaspro
Over the past few years, our family has grown significantly. My nieces and nephew have all married, and two of them now have children of their own. That means lots of pictures, especially around the holidays. The Christmas cards I enjoy receiving the most are the photo cards. They not only showcase my adorable great-niece and great-nephews, but they also lend themselves to many holiday crafts.
This year, I decided to create a collage with the photo cards that I have received for the past three Christmases. It will hang on our living room wall this holiday season.
Putting together a collage like this isn’t difficult. Just follow these simple steps:
- 12” x 12” sheet of green cardstock
- 8 ½” x 11” sheet of white cardstock
- Creative Imaginations Christmas/Holidays paper [double-sided]
- 14” of coordinating ribbon
- Jolee’s Boutique Christmas/Holidays dimensional stickers
- scalloped-edge punch
- Use the green cardstock as your base.
- Cut one sheet of double-sided paper to 6” x 12” and 2” x 12”.
- Use the scalloped-edge punch to create a border on one long edge of each cut piece.
- Alternating sides of double-sided paper, attach the 6” x 12” piece to the left side of the green cardstock and the 2” x 12” inch piece to the right side, being sure to line up the edges.
- Trim photos and attach to the white cardstock, overlapping and layering as you go.
- Attach the white cardstock about 2 inches down from the top of the page.
- Attach ribbon over the top seam and secure on the back.
- Cut your title from a photo card, and add to the layout.
- Finish with Jolee’s embellishments.
- Frame and hang on the wall.
What a wonderful way to enjoy those cards year after year and see how the children grow! Now it’s your turn. Use your holiday cards to create your own card collage, and upload it to the gallery. We’d love to see what you do!