Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Jeanette Giancaspro
Are you ready to start working on your Christmas scrapbook pages yet? Are they still on your computer or (gasp!) on your memory card? Well, here are ten must-have embellishments, in no particular order, to inspire you to get those photos out of storage and onto your pages.
- Snowflakes: Just like real snowflakes, snowflake embellishments come in all shapes and sizes. My favorites are these punches by Martha Stewart Crafts and E.K. Success. Layer two or three together, add some glitter, and you have a festive embellishment that will add just the right touch to your “snowy” photo layouts.
- Glitter: Speaking of glitter, nobody (and I mean nobody) does glitter like Martha Stewart does glitter. Just a little dusting of this fine, shimmery glitter will make your layouts sparkle and shine. If it’s glitter glue you’re looking for, try Ranger’s Stickles in both single bottles and collection packs.
- Stickers: I know what you’re thinking, but not all stickers are for kids. These Jolee’s Boutique and K&Company dimensional stickers aren’t just stickers. They are layered embellishments with glittery accents, rhinestones, and foil that will bring your layouts to life.
- Ribbon:My Mind’s Eye and American Crafts have some of the most adorable Christmas ribbons on the market. Whether you choose whimsical or classic patterns, ribbon never goes out of style.
- Brads: Snowmen, snowflakes, and Santas make these Doodlebug Boutique Brads some of the cutest brads I’ve ever seen. For a softer look, try these lovely fabric brads from Martha Stewart Crafts.
- Stamps: If you haven’t checked out Tim Holtz’s Christmas stamps, by Stampers Anonymous, you really should. They are awesome! Hero Arts has both mounted and unmounted varieties of holiday stamps. Stamps aren’t just for cards; they make wonderful scrapbook embellishments too.
- Flowers: From poinsettias to Christmas daisies, Petaloo has some of the most beautiful flowers that could ever embellish your holiday pages. These velvet flowers by The Girls' Paperie are simply gorgeous.
- Buttons: To add a vintage, nostalgic look to your scrapbooks this year, add these Sparklers by Webster’s Pages. If you prefer a more classic style, BasicGrey’s Jovial Collection is the perfect choice.
- Tags: These tags are too pretty to attach to presents. Put them on your pages instead! In addition to cardstock, some of these tags by K&Company are made from acetate with glitter accents. Of course, Martha Stewart’s Gift Tags with Gem Accents are also a classy way to highlight your favorite holiday photos.
- Felt: Creative Impressions offers beautifully intricate felt shapes for this holiday season. The words would be perfect for titles. Christmas Delights by Little Yellow Bicycle will add a little Christmas charm to your layouts this year as well.
I hope I have helped you jump-start your scrapbooking this year with these fun holiday embellishments for your Christmas scrapbooking pages. Remember, this is by no means an exhaustive list. Check out www.scrapbook.com for even more ideas and sample projects. And don’t forget to upload them to the Scrapjazz Gallery! Have fun!