I am a pretty simple gal, but I love punching up the plain with pops of color, whether it's in my home, my outfit, or my scrapbooking layouts! My layout, "All You Need Is Love," is no exception. Learn below how I used a neutral sheet of patterned paper and punched up the layout with pops of color!
- Making Memories - Elizabeth Berry Paper
- Making Memories - Sophia Floral Paper
- Making Memories - Sophia GeoFloral Paper
- Making Memories Sophia Buttons and Blossoms Box
- Making Memories Clear Stamps - Journaling
- Bazzill 8.5" x 11" Cardstock - Kisses
- StazOn Ink - Jet Black
- black journaling pen
- deco scissors of your choice
*Note: all edges on the layout are inked using StazOn ink. This is optional.
- Start with your sheet of red Kisses Bazzill cardstock. This is will serve as a color-popped frame for your layout.
- Now, trim the Elizabeth Berry neutral black paper to fit inside the red cardstock. Trim enough so the red cardstock leaves an even frame around the black patterned paper.
- Next, use the green side of the Sophia Floral paper to create a photo mat for your photo. To do this, place your photo on top of the paper, and measure out an even border of paper around your photo. Cut and set aside for now.
- Then, slice a strip from the blue side of the Sophia Geofloral paper. It should be about an inch and a half tall, and the length should be trimmed to fit inside the black background paper, leaving about half an inch on both sides, as shown. The exact dimensions will vary, depending on how you cut your other papers. If desired, use deco scissors on the bottom side of the paper strip, as shown.
- Adhere the blue strip to the background paper at an angle, as shown. Then, adhere the photo and its mat, as shown.
- Now, take the scraps from your Elizabeth Berry paper. Flip to the red side of the scraps. Use the Journaling Stamps to stamp both the journaling block and flowers, as shown. Cut out the stamped elements and add them to the layout. Use your journaling pen to write in your journaling.
- Finally, add the floral embellishments, as shown. Use a button from the Blossoms Box as your floral centers.
- Enjoy your new layout and admire its pops of color!