Username Post: Teach a Friend to Scrapbook CONTEST and DRAWING!
Gr82BAnAUTiger
Pro
Gr82BAnAUTiger

In response to StarsNSparkles

Another person that I got hooked on scrapping was my grandmother. A few years after she retired, she got really interested in genealogy. She loved the fact that it gave her something fulfilling to do in her newly found spare time. While doing research for her genealogy, she was always finding old pictures of family members. By the time I started scrapping she had several boxes of old photos & graves (I have no idea why...lol, but she had them). Anyway, I did a LO last Halloween of my dd trick or treating at my grandparents' house. I took it to my grandmother to show it to her. She said she had been thinking of doing something with all of the photos she had collected over the years of researching our family history. She asked me if I thought it would be a good idea to do a scrapbook with them. I told her that I thought it was a great idea & that I'd be happy to help her with it. I was really excited to get my hands on all of those vintage photos. She only lives a couple of blocks from me, so I went home immediately & got a bunch of my scrapping stuff & headed back over to her house. She already had a paper trimmer & photo printer that she used to cut & copy her photos. I told her we should make copies of any pictures we wanted to use & save the originals since they were irreplaceable. I suggested she use a lot of neutral colors since the photos were so old. I didn't think bright colors would look as good with photos like that. We did a LO of a pic of her father. The photo was in black & white so we used black, white, & grey for most of the LO. Then we added a couple of embellies & flowers to add a splash of color. She was really thrilled with the way the LO turned out. She has a hard time doing LOs by herself due to her age. She can't see as well as she needs to do a LO, but I go help her from time to time. She absolutely loves scrapping. She said she wished she had discovered it years ago when she was more able to do it & she would have been able to do it alone. For now, it's a great way for us to spend quality time together doing something we both love. She's getting on up in age & I know she won't be around forever, maybe not even for another 5-10 years. Now we have a great excuse to get together & something fun to do while we are.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic