Username Post: I'm SO NEW AND DID I SAY NEW
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

In response to bbarthej

Exactly! Your work is unique to you and can't be compared to others. In the gallery there are a lot of professional designers and you aren't being fair to yourself to compare your pages to theirs. I learned that.

I just go there for ideas and then simplify and customize them.

Small books are very very difficult for me. I don't know why, but they just are. I did an 8 x 8 and I struggled with it. One picture fit on a page there was too much page left over to embellish easily and I swore I was only doing 12 x 12's after that. It was the most difficult book I had ever done and I wasn't that pleased when I was through with it.

I have friends who do beautiful 8 x 8's but that just isn't me and I hate dong them. Like cards - absolutely hate making cards. I'd rather have a root canal.

But you may love cards and 8 x 8's, you just have to try to see what you like and don't like.

I was in a crop and the woman across from me was working on an 8 x 8 of her day at the zoo with her kids and it was absolutely awesome. She puts the smaller books in a basket on her coffee table and they are lovely. But I can't do them. I just get frustrated. I have to do 12 x 12's.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic