Username Post: Can't Scrap Anymore Without Sketches
yelppuppy
Resident
yelppuppy

In response to SuperAllyFan

I was just thinking about posting a thread in the opposite direction.

I was so thrilled when I first discovered sketches, and I've been collecting them on my pinterest. But there are so many of them out there I feel like anything I come up with, somebody would've sketched it somewhere, meaning any layout I do is a sketch. So why do I need a sketch?

And I never seem to be able to adhere to a sketch or someone else's layout no matter how hard I try. They end up looking completely different. One of my problems is I can never find the right combination of photo orientations to fit the sketch. For example, last Halloween I have 3 portrait and 2 landscape photos, and for the life of me I can't find a good sketch that does that. I understand you don't have to follow the layout exactly, but when you change photo orientation it makes a HUGE difference, especially if the photo sizes are large.

Another example- last night I had 2 square photos to work with, and I remember there are TONS of 2-photo sketches. The beauty of square photos is you can work them into portrait or landscape photo layouts. But my chosen background paper are already in sections, so I can't work with any sketches that I bookmarked. Then I have this giant rub-on I HAVE to use, because it goes perfectly with the paper. Just little things like these that always prevent me from following.

I was going to post something and ask if anyone else feel sketches are useless haha! I still like to bookmark them on pinterest though. They inspire me although I can't follow them most of the time.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic