Username Post: May BUDGET CHALLENGE - PLAY ALONG IF YOU DARE!!
Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake

Welcome to the May BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of May that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, wishlist or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Vivian:
Budget: $150 - 97 = $53 - $30 = $23 - $55 = ($32)
Wish: Online Beginner Photography Class ($97), more face stamps, xyron refills
Twist: Nothing Cricut related cause I still have Cartridge I need to use

Pat:
Budget: $50 - $6.75 = $43.25 - $54 = ($11)
Wish ... I can't think of a single thing that I want right now.
Twist ... No cricut cartridges.

Tammy:
Budget: $100 - $70 = $30
WISH: new SU In Colour Markers
TWIST: no stamps

Courtney:
Budget: $100 - $15 - $21 - $24 = $40 - $34 - $50 = ($44)
Wishlist: New Authentique papers, martha stewart punches, spring distress inks
Twist: NO flowers, No Bling,

Sonja:
Budget: $100 - $18 = $82 - 50 = $32 - 12.50 = $19.50 - $5 = $14.50 - $33 - $44 = (62.50)
Wishlist: Gelatos or Faber-Castel Watercolor pencils, Bella Blvd 'Baby Boy' and 'We're Expecting' Collection, Prima Primers flowers, Deja Views 'Saturdays' collection, All About Boys Cricut Cart, Prima 3 for $10 Flowers, Sun Kiss notecards, Distress 'Aged Mohagony' or 'Victorian Lace' ink pad, TH Spring Stamp, Authentique Loyal Line
Twist: No other Cricut cartridges, no other inks or mists, NO other flowers!!

Alissa:
BUDGET: $50 - $30 = $20 - ?? = (busted)
WISH LIST: Prima 6x6 papers and stamps, some Pink Paislee, ya' know, Spellbinders
TWIST: brads, lace, ribbon, and everything else

Melissa:
Budget: $50 - $10 = $40
Wish list: Red album for a Disney trip, label stickers, page protectors for project life, crop fees,BasicGrey - Wander Collection - 12 x 12 Collection Pack.
Twist: 6x6 paper pads

Tina:
Budget: $75 - $12 = $63 - 32 = $31 - $14 = $18
Wishlist: TH spring inks and whatever else tickle my fancy:)
Twist: No paper packs, brads or ribbon.

Stacy:
Budget: $100 - $17 = $83 - 17 = $66 - $36 - $30
Wishlist - October Afternoon 5&dime, Echo Park HelloSummer, Studio Calico new Mister Huey colours, SC Graphs & Bubbles masks, MyMindsEye Indie line...have I reached a 100 yet. oh a darn 1" square punch, I get to the store and can't force myself to spend the $10 for a dang punch then I get home and kick myself for not buying it.

twist - no THICKERS! arghh

Shayla:
Budget $10
Wish:
Twist: I need to use at least 1/4 of my new orders and paper I haven't even opened before going to any scrapbooking store!

Katie:
Budget: $30 - $10 = $20 - 12 = $8
Twist: nothing not on sale.
Wish: anything but adhesive.

Cheri:
Budget: $20
Wish: Do need anything
Twist: NO NO Cricut stuff

Edited by Vivian Lake on 05-29-12 02:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic