Username Post: To put or not to put a photo...
Henri Jean
Henri Jean

In response to gocatgo42

If tickets or memorbilia are on thermal paper (overseas you get that alot) I photocopy them. If the paper is really thin and flimsy and I don't think it is going to last, I photocopy it and use the copy in my books.

For menus and take-out menus and things like that, I photo copy them so I know they are on a good quality paper.

The original stuff I use is always sprayed lightly, front and back with a product called "Make It Acid Free" which is made by Krylon. So far it seems to be helping.

It can be pricy but a can lasts a while. My store just placed an order for me so I bought 3 cans.

I lightly spray the front and back - it dries in seconds. If you oversaturate the ink sometimes runs so use it with a light hand and it will be fine.

I don't like the results on glossy paper, as it puts a white film on glossy so I spray it lightly and if I see the film I wipe it off.

This is supposed to be good and I don't know of any other product out there to preserve papers. However, I haven't used it long enough to know how well it works, but I feel like it is better than nothing.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic