Username Post: Prays need for my Brother
shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse

In response to 2xblessed

• 2xblessed Said:
So glad to hear he came through surgery ok!
Did they amputate above or below the knee? The reason I am asking is that I am a below knee amputee. My amputation was done when I was 3 due to a broken bone that would not heal. I don't know if it is true or not, but have been told it is harder for someone if their amputation is above the knee. I agree with you that at your brother's age, he really should receive counseling now, rather than later. If he is going to live with your mom and dad then they should also receive counseling. Do they have a pastor or priest they could talk to? My prayers will continue for all of y'all! You can PM me if you want to ask questions or to just vent. I will try to help if I can.

They amputated below the knee. They are hoping that it doesn't have to be more. Yes they have a very loving church and priest and are receiving support from them. I think they should also be talking to someone in the hospital. If I was there I would certainly be asking the questions. I tried to get mom to call me while dr was in room but it being the weekend they just had the house dr for lack of better word. They will be seeing the regular dr today. My brother is now worrying about the expense of it all, he is insured but they are not sure what is covered. My mom keeps telling him that as long as they make monthly payments not to worry that right now to just think about getting up and about. I guess he had a bad night last night. They have him on antibiotics which causes him to have bathroom issues and by the time the nurse gets there it is to late which upsets him even more. I will find out this evening when he for sure goes to the rehab facility. Thank you for your prayers. And thank you for the offer of a shoulder I just might take you up on that.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic