Username Post: Heritage pages
JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Hi everyone, I am new to Scrapbook.com but I must say I love this place! I've been scrappin for a long time - that "Scrapbooking...Remember When" thread makes me laugh because I am right there with y'all. Mrs. Grossman's stickers, deco scissors, templates, 8 1/2 X 11 paper, the blue pencil and all.

I took a break for a while. Now I am back and did an internet search to see what's new, wow I loooove it! The evolution is amazing. A thought, do we leave those ugly pages alone or re-do them? Mine will most likely stay as-is because I have so many more to do but was curious to everyone else's take.

Now my real reason for posting: Heritage pages. I am ready to do our family's "old" photos from waaay back when. I really want everyone's thought on the best way to do these. Copy the photos or use the originals? I have never used copies because the whole idea was to preserve them and the history of our family, but maybe I should re-think this...

What products do you like for heritage pages? Are there any tutorials for heritae pages? Come on y'all, share your thoughts please.

Denise

I recently did two heritage books, and for me it depended on the condition of the photo, and how picky you are, I am really picky as in I used a lot of embellies and such, so some photo's that were original I could work with some I could not, I am going to post a sample to show ya, the 1st one was not an original, the original was broken in several places (it was on the thickest board!!) so I scanned it, did what repair I could, but also tried to keep that aged look by leaving a lot of the photo's flaws. The 2nd is all original, but they were in great condition.

One option for you if you do use a copy is to go with a matte finish on the photo - won't come off newer or glossier than your old ones. For materials, Tim Holtz has the best distress line, I used his stuff all over the 2 books I did, and he has web sites with tutorial videos - just google his name, it will come up, the Distress inks are just fantastic - and easy to use!

The Old Country
By JaymieLiz

A Life Of Love Page 2
By JaymieLiz

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic