Username Post: Need Help!! Making a Scrapbook for my Grandma!!
sk8brdkd
New Kid On the Block
sk8brdkd

My grandmother will be turning 100 on Oct 7 but, I will be giving her this scrapbook on Christmas instead and I want it to be special for her.

The only thing is, I have NEVER made a scrapbook before and I have no idea what I'm doing.

I bought myself a scrapbook album the other day and it has 20 pages and that's more then enough I believe.

I bought some pastel paper to use in the album and bought some embellishment stickers.

I've gone through several photo albums of my grandmother in/around 1910 - 1920 or so and now have close to 200 pics to choose from but, my problem is not which of the 200 pics to choose, but, my problem is, how i am going to put this together??

I don't know what to do, or how to do it or anything.

1 thing that I do know is this; I want to title this scrapbook saying something like: "Remember When....... Celebrating 100 years of Family, Life, and Love" - (or say something like that) - I would also like to put in funky, or funny phrases from each decade and write them on a few pages like what gas cost in 1910, or how much a loaf of bread costs or who the president was when she was born in 1910 and diff things like that.

Other then those 2 things, I am at a complete loss as to what to do. Please Help me?!? I really want to make this scrapbook as a memory for my grandma, something special of her, her kids and of her late husband. Before my grandfather died almost 5 yrs ago, they were married for 68 years and I'd love to somehow incorporate that into it w/o making her really cry but, i don't know.

Can anyone give me any suggestions or ideas or where I can find these funky ideas/sayings that I can put on a few pages for each decade.

I'd appreciate ANY help, suggestions, advice as to what I can do or how I can put this together.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic