Username Post: ~*~October 2010~*~Anything Goes Challenge!!! Sign up til 10/10/10!
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

In response to Megan Ann

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for! (SO the 9/2 challenge needs to be completed by 11:59 pm on 9/2 to take the +10 bonus points.)

10/1: Make a list (in your sb.com blog) of about 10 scrapbooking related goals that you hope to accomplish during the month of October 2010 for +250 pts. Think about these carefully, b/c they will be relevant and can earn you +10 points for each one completed (up to 10 goals completed) per the points list for Oct 2010.

10/2: Add 10 things to your wish list on sb.com for +100 pts! Please link them to this thread so we can see what you like!

10/3: I love to stitch on my layouts, especially on a Sunday...why Sunday? No good reason, but it seems to go with the relaxing feeling I always felt Sunday should have. SO, HAND-STITCH on your LO or card 1-50 stitches for +50 pts, 51-100 stitches for +100 pts, 101+ for 150 pts or machine stitch on your card or LO for +90 pts!

BONUS: If you use a mask on your LO as well as stitching take +75 pts (BUT you must have stitching on your LO in order to take the points for a mask!)

10/4: Today is National Taco Day. Use the following colors on your layout. 50 points per each color.

Brown - (Taco Meat)
Green - (Shredded Lettuce)
Red - (Chopped Tomatos & Salsa)
Cream or White - (Chopped Onion and Sour Cream)
Gold - (Shredded Cheese & Taco Shell)

10/5: Today is Do Something Nice Day.

Update your blog and tell about something that you did for someone else today, not because you had to but just because you wanted to be nice. 150 points

10/6: Today in history - 1783 - Benjamin Hanks patents the self winding clock.

Use clocks in your layout.

50 points for clock embellishments.
50 points for clocks in the patterned paper.
50 points if it's a mask.

10/7: Today is National Denim Day!

There's nothing like a favorite pair of bluejeans to make you feel terrific.

Scrap with or about denim today. Use denim scraps to make embellishments, use a photograph of your favorite pair of jeans, use denim colored cardstock, use the lyrics to "Forever In Blue Jeans," or just use your imagination!

150 points

10/8: Today is "Tag Day." The game of tag is honored today, but we're going to find a new way to play it.

Create a tag for your page today.
You'll get 25 points for each technique you use on your tag, up to 150 points.

Examples would include - inking, stamping, embossing, adding ribbons or fibers, punching, piercing, embellishing (buttons, brads, chippies, etc).

Have fun. I can't wait to see the beautiful tags you create today!

10/9: I'm working for Scrap Pink today at my LSS job. We're hosting a Scrap Pink event to raise money for the Susan B Coleman Foundation to help find a cure for breast cancer.

I have a couple of survivors in my family. My mother got her first annual checkup and got a clean report. My husband's sister is also finished with her chemo and radiation and is also currently cancer free.

However, my husband's sister-in-law, in the middle of her radiation treatments for breast cancer, just found out that the cancer has spread to her liver. She is extremely sick, and we're all praying for a miracle in her life.

Today, in honor of breast cancer warriors everywhere, Scrap in Pink for 300 points.

10/10/10: Today is National Angel Food Cake Day. Seriously. It is. I checked.

Scrap angels on your layout for 100 points.
Scrap cake on your layout for 100 points.
Add 50 points if your layout includes both.

10/11: So todays 10/11 Daily Challenge is to have a conversation with your family about Organ Donation. This is not a conversation you want to have after a bad situation. Worth 100 points. If you have already have this conversation give yourself 125 points.

10/12: 10/12 is International Moment Of Frustration Scream Day
So do a lo on what drives you to scream, or want to really bad! This can be pics or no pics, your choice. Worth 150 points.

10/13: Yesterday was about Frustration and today is about Delight. Do a lo about what makes you smile/happy. Worth 150 points

10/14:This is for all you flower lovers. Use flowers on your lo for 125 points. Flowers on pattern paper count as well as stickers and dimensional flowers.

10/15: Use a border punch on your lo. If you don't have a border punch then just embellish a border in any way you choose. Worth 100 points

10/16: Today's challenge is to put a heart on your layout. Worth 200 points
Bonus: If you use the heart picture from your weekly photos then give yourself an extra 100 points.

10/17: We can all use a tip or two for saving time while scrapbooking.

For 150 points, share with us, one of your tips. Post your tip in this thread.

10/18: For each comment you leave today, get an additional 2 points per comment, up to 150 points.

10/19: Use this sketch from gotsketch.blogspot.com to make a page today for 150 points:

10/20: It seems many of us are suffering from lack of motivation. So I am about to provide you with some in the form of lots of points! Make a new goal today, different from the ones you made at the beginning of the month. It can be as simple as finishing one page or even just starting one page. Once you complete the goal, take 300 points.

10/21: Today is my most awesome husband's birthday. He's 34 years old (sooooooo old, is what I call it. lol). In honor of his birthday, we're going to do a countdown (you had to know one was coming!):

4 buttons
3 patterned papers
2 photos
1 star

You may add more items to the page, but no more or less of the specified items. 140 points

10/22: TGIF! I'm always thankful it's Friday. Today's challenge is to do a page using the following acrostic of Friday goodies:

F - Flowers (at least 2)
R - Ribbon
I - Ink
D - Dots (as in polka)
A - Amethyst (as in the color [any purple will be fine])
Y - Yellow

120 points

If you include the word Friday somewhere on your page, take 30 bonus points.

10/23: Today, let's make a page about something opposite. Something big, something small. Something short, something tall. Something dark, something light. Whatever your opposite is, is up to you. You can use supplies that are opposites, or you can use a subject of opposites. 150 points

10/24: It's Sunday, bloody Sunday. At least, according to U2's song. Use the title of any song on a page for 75 points and a lyric on a page for another 75 points. Do one or both. It's up to you.

10/25: in honor is Halloween week I want to start off you telling everyone what are you Halloween plans? What are you planning to dress up as? Goin trick or treating? Going to a Halloween party? Tell us on this thread for 150 pts!

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 10-25-10 09:03 AM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic