Username Post: Where to start?
Tenant

I'm thinking about getting a Sizzix Big Shot, but I'm so lost as to what accessories I need with what dies.

I know the Big Shot generally comes with a Multipurpose platform and Standard cutting pads but I've seen with some die's that you need different cutting pads and there is also the Extended Spacer Platform. That's where it gets confusing, what do you need the extended spacer platform for and how do you know what dies to use with what cutting pads and platform? (Talking about just the sizzix dies for now) I love the Tim Holtz die's and I've seen his video on how to use his dies but he doesn't show a demo of the strip dies (so I'm not sure what pads and platform to use for those).

Is the Multipurpose platform meant for the use with other manufacture's dies? (I've seen a few videos of people using sizzix dies in their big shot with just the cutting pads).

I've read that you can cut chipboard with the big shot but what thickness of chipboard is safe to use?

Also what do you need in order to use the sizzix and Tim Holtz embossing folders? Is there something extra I'd need to get in order to emboss?

Sorry for the length, I hope you can follow this.

Edited by south1001 on 11-24-10 07:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic