Username Post: Distress Markers
Sharon64
Resident
Sharon64

After a very long wait I finally got my markers today. I'm not new to scrapbooking and have pens and inks coming out of my ears. I have to say how disappointed I am after playing with different techniques and papers for the past 8hrs!

On plain white 300gsm or 140lb matt card-stock the pens do not blend at all with a water brush. The marker dries on application to the card and becomes impossible to shift, or manipulate.

On high quality gloss photo cardstock the ink dries instantly and gives a crisper image than the matt cardstock to be found in most peoples craft rooms.

I even tried slightly textured linen style card which did give a watercolour effect, but then the paper started breaking up as I tried to blend the ink.

The only card I found to be satisfactory was 140lb cold pressed water colour paper.

So, anyone who has splashed out on the markers hoping to blend them on cardstock had better take a deep breath and spend money on watercolour card/paper too.

Other than that, blending on the stamp and stamping to any paper gave a nice effect, but I was really looking forward to manipulating the ink. I hope Tim will be giving more demos of this product so people know how to get the most out of their pens.

People also need to know not to spend their money on the container. These pens are water based and need to flat, not upright, or ink doesn't flow evenly to the nibs on either end of the pen.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic