Username Post: Technologically challenged
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-18-13 02:21 PM

In response to gin1902

Pushers, lol!! Machine users do love their machines, usually

If you enjoy what you're doing and how you're doing it, there's no reason whatsoever for you to change anything unless you want to! And I know there are several people here (and I'm sure many more out in the non-sb.com world) who also don't have machines or even want one.

Coloring book pages are awesome clean line drawings. I use them sometimes to create die-cuts for my Gazelle electronic cutter. I personally don't like hand-cutting because as a left-handed person it's extremely difficult to find good, proper scissors (and the so-called ambidextrous ones simply do not work the same for left-handed use, the mechanics are different), nor do I enjoy fussy cutting even with a good pair of scissors. So for me, machines are better.

I do enjoy other hand-work - for example, even though I have a big Kitchenaid mixer and a handheld electric mixer, for a souffle I still usually whip egg whites by hand with a balloon whisk. It just makes me happy. And that's the whole point, I think - do what you love, and love what you're doing!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic