Username Post: Newbie! Help on first project please?
New Kid On the Block

Hi, everyone! I am extremely new at this so forgive me.
For my school, I have to do a huge project on whatever I want; it's mandatory. I decided to choose a project on scrapbooking! It started out with me wanting to learn more about my family history and I thought a great way to present this was through a scrapbook. Only problem is I don't know how to begin.
What tools do I absolutely need to begin? What are the best places for me to get supplies? Best brands?
What kind of font should I use? Colors? I'm planning to use a lot of pictures. I think I'm going to have much more text than a usual scrapbook; the page(s) is going to have a bio and represent the person. So how would I go about doing this without making the page look too cluttered? I also plan to have a family tree at the very end of the album, any recommended stencils for a tree or something? I think I'm leaning toward a vintage look, but I don't want it to be all warm colors like copper and browns-it won't represent everyone in this album. I'm planning to use a 12x12 album, what color/brand would you suggest?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual post. View the Entire Topic