Username Post: Photo Sizing        (Topic#1577835)
kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

I've posted before concerning the fact that I have been unable to post the correct size photos of my LOs. Those of you who responded explained and tried to help me, but I continue to be totally clueless. My camera is a Samsung Digimax A7. I've read the Owner's Manual but having trouble understanding the directions. I did select the little flower to enlarge the photos, selected size of 640 x 48 but maybe I should choose a different size? In viewing the image info, the size posted is around 150px × 113px and 114KB. Help definitely appreciated - sorry to be so dense!

Thanks!

Kathy

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to kjginga

First... take the photo in the highest resolution your camera will allow. You want the most data you can capture with the sensor.

the 150x113 pixel image... that sounds like you may be grabbing a thumbnail.

The little flower... I'm guessing you mean the macro icon. I'd skip that here. This isn't macro shooting and macro focusing isn't what you want. Also, you only have 3x optical zoom with your camera and given the minimum focusing distance of most point and shoots you're probably going to have to crop some for the final image, so another reason to shoot in the highest resolution possible so you have room to crop.

When you need to resize use software on your computer. Your camera probably came with some if you don't have any, or use something online like the Picasa (under Google+ now).

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga
In response to photo_chick

Thanks so much Danielle, I'll give it a try!

Kathy

max28
max28 
Tenant
max28
  • max28 on 12-15-12 10:15 AM
In response to kjginga

Hey,

you should always make pictures with the highest resolution possible. Memory cards are really cheap and there's a lot of space on them. If you want to change the size or resolution, there are various websites, where you can do it online if it's just for a few pictures.

Pretty late reply, but maybe it still helps

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics