Username Post: Cricut Resources        (Topic#1496709)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 02-24-09 04:19 PM

Here is an article referencing the Cricut, courtesy of Scrapjazz.com:

http://scrapbook.com/articles/doc/36403/84 .html

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to Kels

thanks

Mira Luna
Resident
Mira Luna
In response to pjangel

Thanks Kelsey.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to Kels

I read the article and well, yes and no with how big a letter can be made on the C personal and create. with the Gypsy (okay more of an investment but all Cricuteers are doing it), you CAN get the full 6 inches and if you don't mind having tall and thin, a close 12x6 letter can be done. The 5 1/2 lock is to allow the user to have enough room for the shadow feature which sometimes is not necessary or wanted. For scrapping purposes, 12x12 is the largest one would go. Why would you want a bigger letter?

I'll be honest, I will eventually get an Expressions, till then I'm happy with my Personal and plan on keeping it unless I find a budding scrapper who needs one desperately.

Sorry for the blah, blah but had to give an opinion and a thought.

Happiness!

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to AZscrapnquilt

Thanks for the info - I still have my personal one as well - I haven't seen a need to update to an expression (yes I want it but...)I love my create too much to let it go yet.

Shawn Mosch
New Kid On the Block
Shawn Mosch
In response to Peg364

My hubby got me a Cricut Expression for my birthday this summer . . . they were on sale for $179 at Menards! I have not had time to play with it yet, but I am happy to have both a little and big bug.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Shawn Mosch

• Shawn Mosch Said:
My hubby got me a Cricut Expression for my birthday this summer . . . they were on sale for $179 at Menards! I have not had time to play with it yet, but I am happy to have both a little and big bug.

I have both myself and I use both. I see no reason to use a 12x12 mat when I only need to cut on a 6x12.

New Kid On the Block
In response to dotfree

I bought a cricut Expression to make cards for my family. At first I hesitated on buying the expression because of the price. A friend of my convince me in buying the expression. I have fun every time I make a card. I was shocked to see how many cards you can make with just 1 cartridge. I will never go back to buying greeting cards.

http://www.cricutcards.net

scrappybooking
New Kid On the Block
scrappybooking
In response to Shawn Mosch

I just received a Cricut for Christmas too! I saw that they had them on sale for $100 at our local grocery store. I couldn't wait to get home to tell my husband. Now I am obsessed with it!

8cutekids2scrap
Idol
8cutekids2scrap
In response to scrappybooking

I started out with the personal cricut and I enjoyed it so much I got the expression too!!! I use both of them,I take the smaller one to crops and I let my grand daughters us it as well when we get together.Ilove all the new colors they come in now.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to 8cutekids2scrap

I have the expression and I love it! I am planning on getting the create too. I like to scrap with my family and I take my E, but want something smaller to take instead.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to debby_westbrook

I bought the Create 2 years ago, and I loved it,,,,but I so BADLY wanted the ability to cut LARGER,,,,

so the other day, I went to WM and plucked a plum one off the shelf (thank you DH for my early birthday gift!)

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvve it!!!!! does not begin to describe it!!!!

DH better worry!!!!!

8cutekids2scrap
Idol
8cutekids2scrap
In response to CommaHolly

good for you !!! hope you enjoy yours as much as I do I love it!!!

pookoz 
New Kid On the Block
In response to 8cutekids2scrap

?? I have the original cricut. Does anyone know if all the cartridges are interchangeable??
There seems to be less and less for this one verses the expression.
Thank you!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to pookoz

The only cartridges you can't use in the Original are the ones specifically designed for the Imagine. Anything the regular Expression can use can also be used in the Original.

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

Does anyone know if you can just by the cricut cartridge handbooks??

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to mstrain

Yes, most of the handbooks can be bought from the Cricut website.

Diva
In response to HisGEM

THank you so much for all your ideas and resources.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics