Username Post: Which tool to tote to buy?        (Topic#1448683)
luv2scrap:)
Guru

I am trying to decide between 2 very different tool totes and am having a hard time. I love the Maple Lane one, but it is pretty big & quite a bit more money. No one has reveiwed the Crop In Style one yet, but it is a nice little size and much more affordable. I like that the Maple Lane one looks really easy to access your tools, but am afraid it would be bulky in my scrapbook tote. The Crop In Style one would fit nicely in my bag, and I love the price, but am afraid it would be less convenient to use. Was wondering if any one had either and what your thoughts are?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to luv2scrap:)

I have the Crop In Style ...it is an older one, different colors. I also have something similar to the Maple Lane. I like them both, but haven't used either in ages. Now I have the AMM tote. I like it because I can keep my tools in it and set it on my desk or at my crop station at a crop and easily access everything. It is big enough to fit all my tools and wallet and ipod. The one I have is a little older than the one in the superstore here. I have seen the older ones at Costco tho.

Just my 2 cents.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Nancy Keslin

I have the maple lane tote, and the AMM that Nancy mentions. I love them both, but neither is really made to be putino another tote to carry.

Guru
In response to Fortunes Fool

Thanks so much to anyone who has advice!! Do you think it's worth buying one of the bigger tool totes and carrying it separate, especially for the price difference?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

When I did use the Crop In Style bag I was able to hang it on the back/handle of my bigger tote and fit inside. It did allow some access, although it wasn't ideal. I had to get at the things inside my tote from one side and the tool kit from the other. That is why I went with the AMM. If I am gonna carry something seperate, I wanted it to be easy access.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool

• luv2scrap:) Said:
Thanks so much to anyone who has advice!! Do you think it's worth buying one of the bigger tool totes and carrying it separate, especially for the price difference?

Yes. Then you have more room in your other tote for other things.

Guru
In response to Fortunes Fool

I am only interested in a tool tote for travel purposes because I have my tools in a drawer when I'm at home. I do really appreciate suggestions from people!

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat

I have the AMM tote (2 as a matter of fact) they sit on lazy susans on my desk at home. When I traveled with my tools to a crop I took my tools in something similar to the Crop In Style that was made by a company I don't remember now. The problem was always access and packing up. I gave it away years ago. I recommend the AMM even for traveling with tools.

scrappinchick06
Veteran
scrappinchick06
In response to NoirCat

i love my amm tote. i've never run out of room in it and it was so easy to carry around when i needed to take it to a class or something.

myphoenixson
Expert
myphoenixson
In response to scrappinchick06

I have the AMM tool tote. I use it all the time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics