Username Post: Lisa Bearnson Foam Stamp Kit        (Topic#1475207)
annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous

Hey fellow shoppers,

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the Lisa Bearnson foam stamp kit. I saw someone use the 123456789 stamp in the new CK magazine with glue and glitter and instantly fell in love. When I checked the products listing and did a google search for the product, I found that it's a set of 75 HUGE stamps for $30. I want it so badly! But I know I am going to spend $50 at Joann's this weekend, so I need some advice. I love stamps and I love foam stamps, but is it a good purchase? Show me your layouts made with this kit! It is the December 2007 kit, but it was just re-released on the 5th.

Sarah

Amykins RN
Mayor
Amykins RN
In response to annoniemous

I got it back in December and LOVE IT! I saw the LO in this month's CK too...and said "Ooo! I have that stamp!" I haven't used the stamps alot, but these are the LO's I used it on.

Live Out Loud By Amykins RN

Note to self By Amykins RN

Cover Page--Smitten Album By Amykins RN

Page 8 By Amykins RN

Page 11 By Amykins RN

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Amykins RN

I have been on the fence about these too...I had an order in since they ran out last time and for whatever reason my order was cancelled by them so I am debating whether it was a blessing or if I need to call and straighten out the mix up

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to gg loves Matthew

I think they would look great on cards, and I love those layouts-- thanks for sharing, Amy! I know a love to dabble with paint and stamps and it's a good deal for $30, but $30 is such a big investment for me... hmmm... well, I get paid tomorrow so I'll decide by then!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I'm not familiar with these stamps. Admittedly, I'm not a big stamper either.

I understand not all stamps are created equal, and quality varies.

Do you have ANY foam stamps? MakingMemories makes some.

I have a set of the MM foam stamps and a few sets of alpha and numeric foam stamps that were REALLY inexpensive. Craft stores carry them in the paint/stencil section for about $5 a set!
Products Referenced in This Post:

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have the set of Making Memories foam stamps you listed, plus the flowers, plus a set of large lower case letters, and a couple of odds and end (and a set of Pebbles letters). The Lisa Bearnson stamps are an outline with an acrylic backing, so you can see the stamp, not like with MM stamps.

I do think that I'm going to go ahead and order these stamps tomorrow. the site still says pre-order but it also says they shipped on August 5th, so hopefully I'll get them by next week. I'll let everyone know what I think!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• saquartey Said:
I have the set of Making Memories foam stamps you listed, plus the flowers, plus a set of large lower case letters, and a couple of odds and end (and a set of Pebbles letters). The Lisa Bearnson stamps are an outline with an acrylic backing, so you can see the stamp, not like with MM stamps.

I do think that I'm going to go ahead and order these stamps tomorrow. the site still says pre-order but it also says they shipped on August 5th, so hopefully I'll get them by next week. I'll let everyone know what I think!

Okay. They do sound nicer than the other foam stamps I've seen.

I don't use my stamps much (probably should).

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to Bxr-Linda

Well, I've had good and bag experiences with foam stamps. I like the Making Memories ones, but they are akin to rubber stamps... did anyone evr master placement with those? And then there are stamps like Pebbles, Inc . They are JUST the letter, with no handle. That sounds like a good idea because it's like using a clear stamp (in that you can see direct placement), but the letters are long and skinny and very difficult to hold! I think the capabilities of foam stamps are often overlooked because of the "rubber stamp" and "hard to use" styles. Lisa Bearnson seems to have gotten it right.

kristen622
Pro
kristen622

I just got mine yesterday, and they look awesome! They are nicer than some of the other foam stamps, with the acrylic backing, and the images are really cool.
Guess I'll be putting off homework once again today so I can play with them!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to kristen622

You got yours! (!!)

I placed my order yesterday and so far, of course, no shipping confirmation but I'm glad I know it HAS shipped. The website still says "preorder" but then I read August 5th, so now I know mine will ship (hopefully by Friday) and then be here next week so I can play around with it before school starts.

I hope you upload some of your layouts or experiments for us.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959

I must complain about this thread. Enablers! Enablers!

I was curious to see what you were all talking about and by the time I hit Lisa Bearnson's site and took a look, it cost me $40.27 (including shipping). I saw them and had to have them. YIKES! They do look great, don't they? Now, I need to make room for them.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to melissa_1959

It cost how much?

I haven't even received a ship confirmation or a billing statement... when I rodered it was considered a "preorder", but it shipped the first week of August. You've already been charged? I ordered them last Wednesday and I haven't received any noticed except my order confirmation and I haven't been charged yet. :-( I placed my ordr before you... how come you were already charged?

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959

After reading your posts in this thread, I went looking for it to see what it was. I did a search and found this preorder page:
http://www.lisabearnson.com/kotm/kotm.ihtml?prod_idx=72...

It looked like an outdated page, so I clicked on the products link at the top and came up with this:
http://www.lisabearnson.com/products/

I went back and forth about getting it. $29.99 sounds like a good deal, but add on that $8 shipping charge and $2.27 tax and suddenly the price is over $40. It arrived today and I'm very happy with what I got. I think I'm going to have some fun with these huge stamps.

It's a 2007 "limited" set, so you might want to hurry and get your order in. If I were you, I'd give them a call and tell them you don't want to take a chance on being charged twice. Here is the toll-free number: 888-247-5282

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to melissa_1959

I have this set and would be willing to send it to someone for the cost plus shipping. I haven't used mine at all and have had it since it first was released almost a year ago. Unopened stamps and everything. Paypal account required.
PM if you are interested. First PM gets it.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to DawnInAZ

Ugh.

Thanks so much for your help, guys. I'll re-order today. I've emailed AND called customer service and they said the order was just fine, but I'll retry. I have an order confirmation, just nothing else. I hope they put this thing on a jet from Utah to Baltimore. I almost don't wan tit anymore, after all this trouble! I'm so frustrated!

I ordered a custom backpack and fedex lost it. I have to wait 3-4 more weeks to get it. I ordered shoes and they sent me the wrong pair. 7-10 more business days. I ordered stamps and they never went through. Another light year? C'mon shipping, I know you guys can do better than this.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous

I finally got my stamps! It was a total surprise because they came FedEx but UPS was listed on the website, and I had no tracking info.

Updates when I get home from work!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics