Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: what is the secret for glimmer mist        (Topic#1477673)
hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 08-30-08 05:33 PM

is it me or anyone else not have much luck with this? i got some screens today thinking i would try it again after seeing the card in papercraft magazine.....do you leave the screen on the paper until its all dry? my first try looks like well ********....second one im gonna leave on all night to dry.....im just not feeling it and wishing now maybe id got some bazzil stitching cards....

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to hdsue

i had problems with it too...i tried spraying it on some scrap paper to clear the nozzle so it wouldn't leave 'drip' marks, but no luck

the only thing I can suggest is try to spray it with the paper propped up so that you have the bottle right side up (less dripping) and stay 6" away or more from the paper

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 08-30-08 05:46 PM
In response to Just G

i was reading on the instruction for the screen that you can use a brayer...may have to try that

fablady
Queen
fablady
In response to Just G

I love glimmer mist just don't get too close to what ur spraying and it will work so much better. It works great on chipboard thats not been painted too,and on grudgeboard,I just did a lo using it and its awesome!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to fablady

yes it does work much better on thicker items like chipboard.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to Just G

Another option is trying a product that I have been using for years. It is called Ritzy Ditzy Glitz. It never ever clogs on me. I like the Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels, but I don't like the dripping and blotches.

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 08-31-08 05:12 PM
In response to NoirCat

Noir where do you get that product ritzy ditzy at? thanks

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 09-01-08 10:36 AM
In response to hdsue

ok i did the upright paper trick and 6 inches away still not impressed....so it must be just me....

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to hdsue

I cannot post the link here, but you can google it and find it. Or just google apapergarden. I love this stuff and have never had the drippy globby problem I got from Tattered Angels. I will not buy TA again.

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 09-02-08 04:52 PM
In response to NoirCat

thanks

PaperPrincess13
Expert
PaperPrincess13
In response to hdsue

Don't feel bad, I didn't like it either, only bought one bottle and used twice, and I didn't stay up close and it was not something I would run out and buy again, considering it wasn't cheap.

zbelly_32
Veteran
zbelly_32
In response to PaperPrincess13

I really like mine. Not holding it to close works best. I have noticed some of the splatting, but it hasn't been bad enough to call my project messed up. I would let the screen dry more though. That worked for me. I have probably over 10 colors now. So I am a fan!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-07-08 01:40 PM
In response to zbelly_32

I love Glimmer Mist. There's also a product out there called Memories Mist as well. I have about 8 bottles of Glimmer Mist and use it quite a lot.

I put paper on the floor first. Then I put what I want to spray on the paper, stand up, shake the mist really well until it turns the color it's supposed to, and spray back and forth in a continuous motion. No splotting. No nothing.

I get splots (that's what I call them) when I want them. It took me about 3 tries before I got a system that worked for me. No dripping or anything.

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 09-08-08 12:18 PM
In response to GrandmaMichelf

well just caught a cha video on you tube and the lady in the video actually there was video playing in the video..make sense? was dabbing it on the screens.lightbulb.....so i grab some cotton balls....and sprayed some on a plate....it worked ok but cotton balls sure absorb it quickly...so i think im gonna get some dabbers....but this time it was looking like a tree....

fairytattoo
Governor
fairytattoo
In response to hdsue

I was'nt overly impressed with the glimmer mist for the same reason. I got some when the "hype" hit and just was never satisfied with it. I may have to try it on chipboard, hmmm...
Thanks for the tips!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to fairytattoo

I have played with a few bottles of the stuff, but my first result was not so good. I did try the standing it up idea next and had much better results as far as the blotching went, but it is still pretty messy. I haven't tried it with a mask yet though.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to KatieJo

So I tried mine by holding the paper up and the mist ran down the page. Am I spraying too much? I may have to try the standing over the page trick...

New Kid On the Block
In response to mariposa326

Hi, I just took a class that used Glimmer mists and their screens. We sprayed with the project flat on a table and about 6 inches away going from left to right. Then we blotted the project leaving the screen on with paper towel. After blotting picked up the screen and it was all fine. HTH.
Marlene

Amber Boren
Expert
Amber Boren
In response to MarleneM

Scrapbook.com has the video on how to use the glimmer mist from Tattered Angels. It helped me out a lot.

http://store.scrapbook.com/ta-sla60720-2.html
and scroll down.

pattia3
Tenant
pattia3
In response to Amber Boren

Maya Road just put out Maya Mist. It covers completely without the splotches and drips. I used it in a class and love the way it looks.

You can also make your own by mixing Perfect Pearls and water in a mister bottle. You can make custom colors and mix colors that way too.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics