Username Post: Fiskars Circle Cutter.. help!        (Topic#1500963)
Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise

I have a Fiskars circle cutter and am trying to cut out text in a circle...is there a way to line it up perfectly? or is this tool supposed to be used more to just cut random cirlces?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Jill75
Jill75 
Tenant
Jill75
In response to Tarynne Wise

• Auntie T Said:
I have a Fiskars circle cutter and am trying to cut out text in a circle...is there a way to line it up perfectly? or is this tool supposed to be used more to just cut random cirlces?

Cant you print the words in circle first to fit the circle that can be cut by your cutter? Try printing it in circle using photoshop, word processor or publisher or other programs. In this way, if you want the words in circle 3 inches or 5 inches, then you can easily format it.

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise
In response to Jill75

oh no that i don't have a problem with.

i mean, after i print them, then i try to cut them out with the circle cutter. after i put it a little bigger than the circle, i try to cut it out of the cardstock, i'm wondering if there's a certain way you're supposed to center the tool.

sorry if that was confusing

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Tarynne Wise

I've never used that tool, so I don't know.

I have the Coluzzle, which is super easy for this, because it's a clear template!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Passion Flower Scrapper
Veteran
Passion Flower Scrapper
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have this (but not with me at the moment) The middle part that you hold down with your fingers will be the very middle of your circle. If you want a 6" circle (for example) then measure in 3" from the edge and that is where you will place the middle part. Pull out the arm so that 6" shows through the window in the middle and you are all set.
I know this probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but the bottom line is that yes - you can cut so that the text lines up perfectly within your cut circle.
Feel free to pm me.

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise
In response to Passion Flower Scrapper

Thanks for the help! I didn't think to measure after i moved the arm.. makes sense though!

I kinda just hoped for the best!! =]

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics