Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Am I the only one left who shops at the dollar store???        (Topic#1534327)
kara0622
Tenant
kara0622

I do not know if I am committing a sb faux pa, but i buy a lot from the dollar store,I just wondered if I was the only one? Im going on monday for a complete Michaels haul but think ill still get some from the dollar store,

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to kara0622

I shop at the dollar store ... especially since mine carries old stock of Cosmo Cricket, We R Memory Keepers and Rusty Pickle ...

But even if they didn't, there is a lot of awesome stuff there ... clear stamps, wood stamps, great ink, letter stickers, Kelly Panacci stuff ... I'm a sucker for the dollar store deals.

kara0622
Tenant
kara0622
In response to peenut_23

lol thats good to know. Our dollar store isn't that great but for cheap card stock some cutesy pattern paper & of course stickers galore cant go wrong

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kara0622

Kara, the Dollar Store will always be my first love!

You can forever find the prettiest things there!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
I shop at the dollar store ... especially since mine carries old stock of Cosmo Cricket, We R Memory Keepers and Rusty Pickle ...

But even if they didn't, there is a lot of awesome stuff there ... clear stamps, wood stamps, great ink, letter stickers, Kelly Panacci stuff ... I'm a sucker for the dollar store deals.

Jill, I certainly think you must literally have 'The Dollar Store Of All Dollar Stores!'

Wow, goodies galore! How very fun!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to KellyCali

Unfortunately, the Dollar Stores in my area are not nearly as good as they used to be, as far as getting scrappy goodness goes. Well, with the exception of one. This particular Dollar Store doesn't have any dedicated scrapping stuff (pp, etc), but in the wedding aisle, they carry awesome flowers and pearl sprigs in various colors. I haven't been back in a while because I stocked up the last time I was there. A friend asked me to pick some stuff up for her and they were sold out already of some of the pearl sprigs and such. I just hope that they got new inventory for the next time I go! LOL

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to siameseplease

I don't think any of the dollar stores in my area carry anything decent sb'g wise. If they did, I would certainly shop there...I am all about saving money! There is no faux pas here!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to StarsNSparkles

we don't even have dollar stores here.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Here Kitty

We have three different "dollar stores" in my area. There's Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, and something else. The one nearest me doesn't have much in the way of scrapping. Which dollar store are you talking about?

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to dwelch

I live in N. Calif. and we have three Dollar Trees and one 99 cents store. I am proud to say that probably 50% of my LOs have Dollar Tree stuff on them!

The Dollar Trees used to have wonderful scrapping supplies, but they are being eliminated slowly. I still find great items in their "office" section and in the wedding and gift wrapping areas. I also love their flowers, especially the daisies. Cheapest flowers anywhere!

Gina mentioned the wedding section -- they always have various doilies too. At Christmas time, I found the prettiest aqua snowflake doilies on an end-cap display and cut up one to use in this LO:

BeaR "nose" snow By Kanary

On this LO, I also forgot to attached the cutest paper clip that I bought in a package at The Dollar Tree. It was a bear head, sort of pewter looking.

Also, look in their seasonal section...right now it will be Mother's Day, graduation, etc. They often have cute die-cuts, ornaments, and special doilies that are perfect for scrapbooking. Look on the end-cap displays, particularly.

You just never know what you'll find at the dollar stores. Lowe's, Home Depot, Big Lots....the possibilities are endless!!

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:

Are you serious? They carry CC? Yikes...I'd be in HEAVEN! How cool is that?

I shop at the dollar tree for scrapbooking stuff too, although, ours here, doesn't carry hardly anything. They used to carry thicker type alphas and paper and now its just a ******** shoot for random embellies!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to mustangkayla

We only have Dollar Tree, and its scrapbooking supplies have been decreased to nearly nothing.

I have, in the past, found some goodies there. Not so much lately.
I do buy fake flowers there for scrapbooking.

Tayrina BCStudio
Veteran
Tayrina BCStudio
In response to Bxr-Linda

I do shop at dollar stores!!! i visit them and shop in them by internet too!!! :-)

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Tayrina BCStudio

I buy scrap stuff anywhere I can find it if I like it and the price... but unfortunately our dollar stores aren't very impressive when it comes to scrapbooking supplies.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • peenut_23 Said:

Jill, I certainly think you must literally have 'The Dollar Store Of All Dollar Stores!'

Wow, goodies galore! How very fun!

Exactly! What amazing finds! I've come across some good finds at the dollar stores in our area, but rarely name-brand items. My family has no clue what Basic Grey or Doodlebug is, so they are equally impressed with Dollar Store stuff or name brand stuff.

cleospain
Veteran
cleospain
In response to kara0622

Lucky girls!!!. Here, in Spain, we do have "Euro" stores, but, at least in my city, they don't have scrapbooking products.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 05-15-10 03:32 PM
In response to cleospain

awhile back I found the foam letters, like thickers there...oooo heaven! i bought a ton of white ones I could paint.

Guru
In response to ELynn

I love the Miss Elizabeth page protectors. All of our local Dollar Tree's have discontinued carrying scrapbook stuff. Don't know what I'm going to do once I run out of page protectors. Right now I have a huge stack of them.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to ihacodb

I love the dollar store!!! I too love to shop for bargains and shop just about everywhere I can.

Actually heading to the dollar store tonight! Maybe I will find something good!

kara0622
Tenant
kara0622
In response to SmartyPants

So not long ago I was at this dollar store here & they had cosmo cricut 8x8 paper pads. I couldn't believe it :):)

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics