Username Post: Silhouette SD machine        (Topic#1539907)
New Kid On the Block

Anyone with advice / comments on the Silhouette machine? I am planning on treating myself to one very soon! Let me know the pros & cons!
Products Referenced in This Post:

kdkaboom55
Idol
kdkaboom55
In response to manonlavigne

This is my BEST scrapping investment to date! I love mine, so it's hard to think of "cons"...but I guess the big one would be that it doesn't cut 12 X 12 paper. Other than that, I couldn't be happier...it cuts ANY font you download on your computer, which would be enough for me! But you also have the Silhouette online store, which is stuffed with fabulous images for CHEAP. And if you don't find what you're looking for in the store, there are drawing functions which make it VERY easy for you to create your own custom shapes. I've made swirls, coffee cups, paint splats...the posibilties are endless. There are so many awesome things this machine can do, I'm so excited for you!

Expert
In response to kdkaboom55

Love mine too! Again one big con is the size; not being able to cut 12x12, but at least you can cut 12" one way. The only other thing would be the availability of supplies, such as the replacement blades and mats. It can be hard to find them online (except at the Silhouette site, but the shipping is very expensive), and nearly impossible to find locally--but luckily for me Archivers has started carrying the blades and mats!

New Kid On the Block
In response to HuskerMom98

Can I scan a logo and then cut it with the machine? Is there a new model coming out soon for 12 X 12?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics