Username Post: ATGlider Problem NEED Help!        (Topic#1551217)
theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

I purchased one and couldn't get it to work correctly so I returned it and bought another. I can't get it to work either and can't seem to figure out what is the problem. It clumps. The glue will string out (don't know how to describe it) and then stop working. It is threaded correctly but no matter how I handle it it just won't work like in the videos. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-18-11 10:00 AM
In response to theellenbee

Do you let go of the trigger before you life the gun off the paper?

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to KimKV

I got some off brand tape from somewhere, not scotch and it has been doing the clumping thing but not stopping working , it's been a pain. I'm sticking with the scotch!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to DivaDana

Which one do you have?

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to DivaDana

I just got one also -- I'm seriously underwhelmed.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ncyankee

I have the pink ATG. My daughter was playing with it and pulling the trigger. After that, it clumped a bit. Not a good idea to pull the trigger, unless you have it touching your paper.

Put it on the paper
Pull the trigger
Pull across area you want adhesive
let go of trigger
pull up or twist to break adhesive

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Bxr-Linda

Mine is the Glider and I am using Scotch tape that came in the box. I am doing it correctly (as per YouTube viedos) but the tape clumps no matter what I do. Half the time the tape just stops working completely. A quarter of the time it clumps and a quarter of the time the glue is in the air and I have to manually place it on the paper. I have tried three different scotch rolls of adhesive thinking it was somehow defective. No difference. :-(

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Operator error? I don't know.

Take it to a scrapbook store where someone is familiar with it and see if they can get it to work properly?

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 01-18-11 04:40 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Ellen I have the same problem sometimes and I really do think it is operator error on my part. If I take my time it works better - perfectly in fact. I think I need to keep doing it slowly till I get the right action down.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to GMFTS

Thank you all for your advise. It is so weird because netither my husband or I can get it to work for more than a few times. I am going to a real store (as opposed to Michael's) next week and plan to bring it with me for some ATG 101!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 01-18-11 06:58 PM

• theellenb Said:
Thank you all for your advise. It is so weird because netither my husband or I can get it to work for more than a few times. I am going to a real store (as opposed to Michael's) next week and plan to bring it with me for some ATG 101!

Call Scotch.. a friend had some issues with hers (not this issue) and they were super helpful.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics