Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What are your prefered adhesives and why?        (Topic#1569455)
Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo

I am always wondering if I am using the best adhesives for what I am trying to do...

I have the vario tab dispenser, love it, have been using it since i started scrapbooking

I have the thermo web tape runner xl... good stick, but i run out and need refills quickly

marth stewart craft glue... i HATE it! hardly ever use it, ended up putting it with my kid's craft stuff... a little pricey for what i could have paid .50 for elmers

beacon's 3 in 1 advanced craft glue... LOVE IT!!! like scrapbooking super glue, you better make sure you don't want to move it later, but awesome for heavy objects and gets tacky instatly, don't really need to wait for it to dry.

glue dots, sometimes good for smaller objects, but i find them losing their stick pretty easily

i used to have a few sizes of the xyron sticker machines... i used them for projects that i was planning to give as gifts... don't want my friends and family to have to repair their cards/scrapbooks... great stick, but again ran out and needed refills too often. i actually still own these but they ended up in my storage in another state, hope to get them back one day.

anyone find THE adhesive? what is good out there? I'm kind of out of the loop, haven't done much scrapbooking in the last 4 or 5 years

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Kit Scrapo

Glossy accents is awesome!

Love my ATG!

Dimensionals are a must-have!

I even use a glue gun for things like buttons and rosettes!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Rosita

Love my ATg gun.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Rosita

I love glossy accents as well for all my liquid glue needs and it lasts forever, I have been using the same bottle for a year and a half now and I use it for a glue and to give shine.

My go to adhesive for just regular scrapping is plain ol' scotch double sided tape, acid free, photo safe, permanent and cheap-plus you can find it anywhere. I get it in bulk of evilbay, but I can just swing by target if I need some sooner.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to MrsAnnieS

ATG; Scotch quick dry glue; Terribly Tacky Tape; Xyron; it depends on the type of gluing I'm doing.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Mother Goose

ATG, glue dots, 3L mounting squares, Zig two-way pen (the felt tip, NOT the squeeze-and-roll). I have various shapes of adhesive foam but I'm not attached to a particular brand.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to aquabunny

glue dots, diamond glaze and the tape runner

Edited by Just G on 01-20-12 08:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-20-12 10:48 AM
In response to Just G

ATG, Glue Dots, 3M Photo Mount, Xyron, Zig 2-way (all 3 sizes). I have a LOT of other glues for various reasons, but for basic scrapping these are the ones I use most.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to stick

Love my: Glue Dots: Vellum Glue Dot Sheets, Glue Dots Removable and Glue Arts, Glue Glider Pro and my Xyron. These are my absolute favorite. I will use other types of adhesive if it is on clearance for a great price, or I have a coupon and my regular adhesives are not sold at that particular store.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-21-12 02:14 PM
In response to scrappnmom2il

Glue dots, Glue Glider Pro, Tacky Glue, Scotch thin line glue, my glue gun, glossy accents and diamond glaze are all adhesives I like to use. I usually have at least 3 kinds out when scrapping, I don't think I could just pick one and stick with it forever.

Handwerk by Pamela
Veteran
Handwerk by Pamela
In response to Kit Scrapo

It depends on the product, but my favorites are Tombow Mono Adhesive runner for general purposes; 3-D Zots or foam squares for dimension; and Crafter's Pick for affixing items that are not suited for the other options.

Edited by Handwerk by Pamela on 01-22-12 09:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Handwerk by Pamela

I have to add to my list. I just tried the Tombow last night and I think that is my favorite now!!!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrappnmom2il

Thanks a lot friends for sharing such an awesome and useful information,

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to justinwright

I am a recent ATG convert, so that's my main one. I also have just barely dabbled with Scotch Quick Dry for my liquid glue needs. A friend of mine ONLY uses Scotch quick dry. Thermoweb 3d foam squares, 2 sizes in one pack. And the Xyron X is my fave for Cricut lettering. I also have a Xyron 500 but it doesn't get used a ton.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to scrapsweet

Based on my limited experience:

Glue dots (3/16") for adhering detailed chipboard embellishements and lettering.

ATG -- Just bought it the other day -- for all-purpose. The only reason I bought it is for the overall savings on adhesive. I liked the Tombow better, just because it's easier to hold in my hand and pack/store, but I was going through a crazy amount of adhesive.

Pop dots -- I'm not loyal to any brand, but I picked up a bunch of Recollections two weeks ago and I'll probably stick with those because they are the cheapest. I like to cut out the "negative" pieces for larger areas once I go through the dots.

Liquid Glue -- I'm going to try glossy accents because my hot glue gun hates me, and Tacky Glue isn't holding together my rosettes.

Scotch double-sided foam tape -- I use this in place of pop dots when I want *some* dimension, but don't want things in "3d".

New Kid On the Block
In response to LesleyC

I also have just barely dabbled with Scotch Quick Dry for my liquid glue needs.

Rc Helicopters|Wholesale Rc Helicopter Parts|Rc Hobby Stores

tchk 
Tenant
  • tchk on 05-29-12 12:41 PM
In response to ivycool

In order, dry:
Creative Memories tape runner
Glue Glider
Thermo web xl

In order, wet:
Zig pens
CTMH liquid glass

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to tchk

I love Aleene's tacky glue. Its awesome!

juliana michaels
Veteran
juliana michaels
In response to Crafting Marfa

I have been using the Vario Tab for forever and I love it because I can remove and reposition most things with no problem. I also love the Glossy Accents, Scotch Quick Dry, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, and my Hot Glue Gun.

jessalynn
Tenant
jessalynn
In response to juliana michaels

has anyone tired a spray adhesive?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics