Username Post: Border punches        (Topic#1570233)
New Kid On the Block

Looking for some feedback on border punches. I have used a couple of them that are hard to punch and one even cracked when using it on heavy cardstock. What is a good heavy duty border punch? Looking at this one from American Crafts. Thanks!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to grandmacate

What brand is the one that cracked? I'd return it if possible or call the company. I use punches from Ek Success, Martha Stewart, Fiskars & American Crafts...I have well over 100 different punches and have only had a problem with 2 that I remember off the top of my head.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to Diva Scraps

I only have a few punches, and have some difficulty with Fiskars brands being harder to punch with. I've heard other people love the Martha Stewart ones for the ease of punching. For personal reasons, I really, really try not to buy any Martha Stewart items no matter what they are.

New Kid On the Block
In response to grandmacate

One comment on Martha Stewart punches: I love her designs, but with several of them, the first time I have punched with it, it acts like it won't punch. Eventually, I just say, "Well, if it breaks, I'll return it, and push really hard (this is even on just regular cardstock, not thick)and it does then punch. After that, it punches fine. A lot of time, I take aluminum foil and punch several times with it, then with waxed paper, and it shapens it and then puts a tiny bit of wax on the blades so they move more smoothly.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to marshafitz

Fiskar ones are harder to punch. I like EK and Martha Stewart punches, though I own quite a few of the Fiskars ones.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to scrappnmom2il

I have had a hard time with the Recollections brand, poss a Michael's house brand? The cutter did not even meet the blades evenly n left an imprint of the design. I returned next day no problem. I love Ms Stewart's punches, although would never purch w/out a coupon. I also recently bought 2 fiscars easy punches, tho ones w/scissor like handles, n they are fab.

Edited by Juansmom on 03-22-12 10:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics