Username Post: Paper cutter?        (Topic#1581049)
amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus

I've been looking for a paper cutter for simply ages, and now that my wedding is finally paid off, we can actually afford to indulge me and buy one :P The thing is, I've been looking for something that I'm not sure exists...

I want something very similar to an edge trimmer, but where I can lift the blade and position it inside the card so as well as trimming the outside edge of the paper I can also make apertures for...say...cards? For example. My dad says they exist but can't tell me where to look and my google skills are somewhat....limited shall we say?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to amo_angelus

I've been watching hoping someone would respond as I would like a new paper cutter as well...

I was considering this one. It has great reviews!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Doreena

Stampin' Up is coming out with a cutter. It is not available yet but is supposed to be available for "holiday crafting" so I am assuming by at least November but hopefully earlier.
Some of the demos saw it at the convention and they were very impressed. I am not sure if it will do what you want for sure since I have yet to see it. But something to keep an eye out for!!! I need a new trimmer badly!!!

From the catalog it says:
A cutting and scoring tool with crafters in mind!
Cutting and scoring . Cut anywhere, in any direction. Full 12" cut or score. Keep scoring and cutting blades on the track at the same time. 1 cutting 1 scoring blade
Measuring. Extended 6 1/4" base. Extend ruller to 14 1/2".
Storing. Compartment under base to store blades, scoring stylus and more!

As a demo...I have been checking daily for an update that they are ready to be order!!! I can't wait!!!

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 09-24-12 04:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to Doreena

I just purchased this and I have heard good reviews about it so I am excited to try it out.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Debbie2006

• Debbie2006 Said:
I just purchased this and I have heard good reviews about it so I am excited to try it out.

That's the one I referenced above! LOL!
Please tell us how it is...I'm itching to buy one but I'm afraid because my last paper cutter was sooooo bad!

Edited by Doreena on 09-25-12 06:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Debbie2006

• Debbie2006 Said:

This is my trimmer and I love it. The cut line shows exactly where the blade is going which cuts down on user error considerably. Measurements are across the top and down the side, so I can move my blade to any start position I choose, which makes it easy to cut apertures/frames if I want...

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to traceyjean

That's the one I have (above). And I like it...or liked it.....after awhile the metal wire gets off and your cuts aren't even...right now mine is so bad, before I cut it looks crooked, but the cutter is cutting straight it is just the wire that is off. Very frustrating for me.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Debbie2006 Said:

That's the one I referenced above! LOL!
Please tell us how it is...I'm itching to buy one but I'm afraid because my last paper cutter was sooooo bad!

I have been using it today and I am happy with it so far! I had read concerns with the wire but so far i am really happy with it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics