Username Post: Smash Book        (Topic#1582429)
scrapbookmonster
Pro
scrapbookmonster

I have a question about the smash books.

How many sheets (not pages) are there in a book?

I have made my own smash book with a notebook I bought in the dollar store. The problem is that I like to do 3-D art. It causes my book to fan out. If I limit the number of pages in the book, by tearing out unused sheets, the book won't fan out so much.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to scrapbookmonster

I'm a little confused. What's the difference between sheets and pages?

And, it looks like you answered your own question. If you are adding bulky items, tear out pages to keep it from being so big.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Bxr-Linda

Smash books are pricey for tearing out pages though. Better off sticking w/ $1.00 notebooks!

Edited by Doreena on 11-06-12 10:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

And, it looks like you answered your own question. If you are adding bulky items, tear out pages to keep it from being so big.

Sheets are the number of sheets of papaer and pages counts the front and back like pages in a book are numbered--

scrapbookmonster
Pro
scrapbookmonster
In response to terrihooper

I found out that in a smash book there are 42 pages which works out to 21 sheets. I bought my notebook for $2 in the dollar store.

Edited by scrapbookmonster on 11-06-12 12:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nani17 
New Kid On the Block

I wondered the same thing. I have three 3-ring binders I used for my smash books up to 2011. I'm going to get an actual brand-name Smash Book for 2012. I mostly use them for ephemera. I scan ticket stubs and such for digital scrapbooking and get the layouts printed in books, but I don't want to get rid of the actual notes and pieces from my "moments."

I've used about 30 sheets each in my books. I use large, really large, rubber bands with cute smiley clips as bands for the books.

-Nani

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Sheets are the number of sheets of papaer and pages counts the front and back like pages in a book are numbered--

Thank you.

Yes, the books marketed as smash books ARE pricey. I've made a couple from cheap composition books. I would NOT hesitate to rip out pages... oops, sheets.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • terrihooper Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Thank you.

Yes, the books marketed as smash books ARE pricey. I've made a couple from cheap composition books. I would NOT hesitate to rip out pages... oops, sheets.

rimamaria
Veteran
rimamaria

I bought a Smash book today
and I think its expected to flare out

I love pasting things in it so far

But A notebook could have done it as

Cyndi_Ray
New Kid On the Block
Cyndi_Ray
In response to rimamaria

What exactly is a Smash Book?

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to Cyndi_Ray

it is almost like a journal that you can buy. I have seen them made mostly by EK Success and lately, Recollections. You can do whatever you want with them. I used one a few months ago for future daughter-in-law's birthday where she wanted a sign in book. I had a Fuji instax camera (like a Polaroid) and the kids took pictures and used scrapbook supplies to wish the birthday girl good wishes. You are supposed to put in anything you want. It comes with a pen that is also glue on one side. There are many extras that you can buy to load up the book. You are supposed to put so much stuff into it and then "smash" it closed with your memories or whatever.

Cyndi_Ray
New Kid On the Block
Cyndi_Ray
In response to Unique scrapper

Oh, that sounds kinda neat

rimamaria
Veteran
rimamaria
In response to Cyndi_Ray

I have a smash book
I use it for putting important pictures notes events
saying
its not as big as some smash books
cool idea

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-26-13 07:14 AM
In response to rimamaria

Smash books are fun, I like to use just about anything and customize it for myself. Basically I think smash books are mini albums with lots of stuff.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics