Username Post: Inkjet Printer Images and Mod Podge        (Topic#1596409)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I wanted to use Mod Podge on images that I printed from my laser printer onto card stock. It didn't work that well. Not that it dried sticky, it dried fine. But it made the inkjet colors bleed just a bit. I also found that Crackel did the same thing. I'm sure it's because it's inkjet ink because that doesn't happen to scrap papers.Will the Mod Podge acrylic spray prevent the running if you spay it first?

Thanks!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by CrimsonMama on 05-23-14 04:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to CrimsonMama

I think that it will run because the laser jet is water based ink, no? I did happen to see special mod podge made for photo transfer when I was last at that big store that starts with an M. Check and see what the label says on that one. Good luck.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Unique scrapper

Are you saying the Mod Podge acrylic spray will make it run? Or it won't seal it?

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

I wonder if you could spray your inkjet image with a fixative and then apply the ModPodge? I haven't tried it, but it works for other water soluble media. I use Plaid matte sealer and Krylon workable fixatif.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to NMscrapper

That's what I'm wondering too, I'm just unsure what product to buy, or even if I'm using the wrong product. Should I be using gesso instead of mod Podge? Thank you for letting me know what you've used.

I actually sent an online message to the Plaid Co. asking mt question. I will post their response.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 05-23-14 05:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

So far, they have only responded:

• Quote:
You should only use copies made on a machine that uses a dry toner and regular copy paper

Who in the world would have dry toner at home? I responded back and asked if there was then no fixative that would work with inkjet. Personally, I don't think they know the answer.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

OK . . I'm printing a subtitle with my inkjet on cardstock and have several images left over. I just sprayed one with Krylon and one with Plaid. Krylon went on dry, Plaid still very wet and still drying. Grabbed a Heidi Swapp Color Shine and sprayed, didn't want to wait for the Plaid to dry.

Misted Krylon image is sharp and clear, and there doesn't seem to be any change in the pattern of the mist.

Plaid was wet and showed some blurring of the printed edges before misting, but I misted anyway. Showed some blotching of mist, but maybe not so much if I had let it dry completely first.

Down and dirty very unscientific test seems to show that the Krylon might work for this.

scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse

Im sorry Vicki I dont know the answer to this question. I used glossy accents on some butterflies and that worked well.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

• Quote:
Down and dirty very unscientific test seems to show that the Krylon might work for this.

OH Wow! thanks so much for the testing! It's as "scientific" as I could expect and you tested several products. I appreciated it because I didn't want to buy a bunch of product that I don't need! Ya know what I mean?

Did you get this Krylon fixative at Home Depot? Hobby Lobby? (Never mind I found HD and M's has it! yea)

Many Thanks!

Edited by CrimsonMama on 05-23-14 10:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to scraphouse

• scraphouse Said:
Im sorry Vicki I dont know the answer to this question. I used glossy accents on some butterflies and that worked well.

Melissa,

Thanks for checking this out. I thought there was a chance you would know because you are so great at so many techniques. I appreciate you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics