Username Post: Cut and Emboss Spellbinders in 1 pass        (Topic#1498099)
CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I saw on another site that you can cut and emboss in one pass and it worked. All you need to do it add a bit more thickness to your regular spellbinders sandwich. I used cardstock shims or a thin rubber mat I had and both worked well. The only draw back is that there is some etching on the back so if its a 3d die cut where you see the back you don't want to do this. i have also heard the red sizzix crease pad works to, but i haven't tried it so I don't know

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to CorrieW

I so want to get some of those and I've read several times/places that they work with the cuttlebug, but I haven't broken down and ordered any yet.

mwing 
Tenant
  • mwing on 08-12-10 06:16 PM
In response to disneylisa

I use two pieces of cardstock with spellbinders dies. I've never broken a plate, but the piece closer to the non-cutting edge usually has better embossing. I make lots of labels this way and getting two in the same cut is great. If I was really particular about the embossing I would use the tan spellbinders mat.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to disneylisa

• disneylisa Said:
I so want to get some of those and I've read several times/places that they work with the cuttlebug, but I haven't broken down and ordered any yet.

Have you seen their brand new releases? Lovely!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics