Username Post: diecutting and embossing machines which one to buy        (Topic#1526801)
New Kid On the Block

can anyone tell me if the big shot is a good machine for diecutting and embossing and also can it emboss A5 size card if not what is the best machine for thsi as i got the xyron creatopia just lately but dont find it that great for embossing like the cuttlebug and other machines seem to do a2 size dies for full coverage please can anyone advise me what machine would suit me best for making A5 and larger card for embossing borders and the center I wand to be able to use spellbinders dies will this matter which machine i use

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to annebrett

sizzix big shot/big kick will emboss using cuttlebug folders, it will run fiskars embossing plates, spellbinders dies, and pretty much everything else out there. It's manual not automatic so you have to turn a crank handle but it's REALLY easy to use.

The opening on the big kick is just over 6" so that's as wide of a piece of paper you can emboss but you can go as long as you want, you'll just have to line up the pattern and move it along.

There's a thread, probably a couple pages back where someone asked this same thing and she got GREAT info.

tmcanada
Veteran
tmcanada
In response to Seaexplore

The Big Shot is a great machine for die cutting and embossing. You can use pretty much any die, embossing folder or embossing plate on the market. You have about 6.25" wide x 1.25" high opening on the Big Shot. Sizzix makes A2 size card dies and embossing folders for the machine as well.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics