Username Post: Spellbinders embossing mat alternatives?        (Topic#1529893)
galoosh
Veteran
galoosh

I can't seem to find any Spellbinder products in my area! I got won a shapability online but it didn't come with the embossing mat. Is there a substitute I can use until I can order one online?

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to galoosh

Hi Vonnie,
Hey....Hope all is well. Ya know there is scrapbook expo this month in Pleasanton!!! I believe the 19th and 20th. I am going and if I can look for something for you I will. Lisa

galoosh
Veteran
galoosh
In response to featherrs

Hi Lisa:) Yes, all is great here. I did a search and found that thin cardboard (cereal box) will do the job, so I'll be trying that. Thanks for the sweet offer, tho! See you at Sonora!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to galoosh

check out a plumber's mat. I use it in my sizzix with the spellbinders dies. Found it in the faucet repair section @ Home Depot. REALLY cheap too!

galoosh
Veteran
galoosh
In response to Seaexplore

I couldn't find Plumbers Mat and the salesperson at Home Depot never heard of it. But I did find some nice flat rubber used to make custom gaskets and such. I tried that and it works. THANKS for sending me in the right direction:)

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to galoosh

that's plumbers mat- it's reddish/orange?

The people at my home depot had no clue either. The package actually SAID "plumbers mat" on it. I swear their employees don't know half of what they have in "their" department!

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Seaexplore

I had the same issue.....I picked up a silicone cooling mat found in the kitchen section of my dollar store cut it down to size and it WORKS!!! and its PINK!!!

galoosh
Veteran
galoosh
In response to Brandilynn

writing this down....yippee more options:)

New Kid On the Block
In response to galoosh

thanks for the information i'm going to go look for a mat now!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mslene2

the "plumber's mat" is actually called a "plumber's gasket".

After making a fool of myself in Home Depot, they finally figured out what I was talking about,,,,

I found 2 thicknesses,,,,,I bought one of each (they were cheap) and found the thinner one to be what I wanted.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics