Page 1 of 13 
Username Post: Full/Active Rainbows and Smiles Swap: Rd 2        (Topic#1487087)
Strawberryfairy
Expert
Strawberryfairy

This is a fun pal swap inspired by one of my favorite stores as a little girl. It was a store that sold stickers, notebooks, pens and all sorts of girly items in various themes like Hello Kitty, fairies, puppies, etc... I LOVED THAT STORE !!!

This swap will be easy because it does not limit you to one specific theme. This will make it easier for you to shop for your partner. You will put together a bunch of items for your partner based on her completed survey. Surveys will go out once sign-ups are closed. I will pm you a survey along with your partner's name. You will complete the survey and pm it directly to your partner. This will not be a secret pal swap.

Please send your partner a variety of items based on her preferences as listed on her survey. Some of the themes included in this swap are :

rainbows
Kawaii items (Hello Kitty and friends)
fairies
dragons
puppies
kittens
ponies
unicorns
leprechauns
elves
stars
happy faces
flowers
butterflies
glittery items
cows
bears
cupcakes
Disney characters
owls
deer
woodland animals
etc...

You could stick with one theme or go with a mixture of several of the above.

Suggested items would include :

notebooks
pens/pencils
erasers
nail polish
stickers
air fresheners
jewelry
kitchen towels
etc....

Some of the "brands" out there you could shop for would be Hello Kitty (and friends), Lisa Frank or Disney amongst others.

You could also possibly do deco squares, tags, journaling blocks or titles utilizing the theme(s)to include in your swap package.

Basically, this would be a package full of HAPPY.

Spending range is $15-20 not including postage.
All items must be brand-new.
At least one-item must be a hand-made or altered item.

Suggested hand-made/altered items include:

Journaling blocks
Photo Mats
Tags
Deco Squares
Note Cards
Altered Notebook
Altered Altoid Tin
etc...

Please use your best judgment and fairness in the quantity you provide. For instance, if doing deco squares, please provide some deco squares along with some other items since the deco squares are small. Give what you would want to receive in return.

Please mail in a padded envelope or box direct to your pal with delivery confirmation.

Please check in once a week and keep in touch with your pal also.

Sign-ups through Sunday, November 30th.
Mail out to your partner no later than Saturday, January 31st.

Any questions, please ask.

Let the sign-ups begin!

PLAYERS :

1) Dena (Strawberryfairy)
2) Cindy
3) lydbug
4) Bethany (Scrapper from NY)
5) Jordan
6) Marlene
7) Krista (Puppet)
Brandi
9) SouthernSalsa

12/01 UPDATE :

Okay, ladies. I pulled names randomly and here is the list. You are going to be buying for the person listed after your name, on the right. For instance, I am buying for Brandi. Sorry to the ladies in the first round who pm'ed me their partner's names from last round. I forgot that I had posted a similar list on that thread. DUH !!! ~LOL~ I can't remember anything these days!!!

Copy and paste the following survey in a pm to the person who is assigned to buy for you. Make sure you include your mailing address and check in on the thread once a week! Any questions, please ask! Thanks and have fun shopping !!!

Dena buys for Brandi
Brandi ---- Marlene
Marlene --- ldybug
ldybug ---- Cindy
Cindy ---- Salsa
Salsa ---- Dena
Bethany --- Krista
Krista ---- Jordan
Jordan --- Bethany

Please copy and paste the following and pm to the person assigned to you.

1) Which themes would you like included in your Rainbows & Smiles package? Please include at least 5, if you can. You can include more than 5 to make it easier for your partner to shop for you and you may also include items not listed in the op.

2) Of those mentioned in the previous question, which are your TOP 3 ?

3) Do you prefer a wide range of items or, in as much possible, would you like your partner to stick with your Top 3 or even your #1 favorite? (This is only a request and not a guarantee that your partner will do this. It's up to your partner to assemble your package as she wishes. Some items may be hard to find depending on where the person is located.)

4) What types of items would you like to receive (stationary, scrapbook items, jewelry, stickers, etc.. )

5) Would you like some scrapbook items as well (journaling tags, deco squares or perhaps any altered items, etc...)?

If there is anything else you can think of that might be helpful in your partner putting together your package, please include it in the email.

Edited by Strawberryfairy on 12-03-08 12:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy10
Pro
cindy10
In response to Strawberryfairy

OK! I'll start the sign-ups!!! PLEASE give me a spot!!!
WHEN IS THE DD???

I LOVE this idea!!!

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug
In response to cindy10

whens the DD? i think i'll sign up too

Scrapper from NY
Mayor
Scrapper from NY
In response to lydbug

mail by January 31st it states

~{Puppet}~
Queen
~{Puppet}~
In response to Scrapper from NY

Count me in again Dena!

JordanRadio
Diva
JordanRadio
In response to ~{Puppet}~

I'm in again too!

Scrapper from NY
Mayor
Scrapper from NY
In response to JordanRadio

I'm in again as well!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Me too I'm in

Scrapper from NY
Mayor
Scrapper from NY
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Hey girl! I knew you would be!

cindy10
Pro
cindy10

Hey Marlene & Beth!!! Long time..., lol!

~{Puppet}~
Queen
~{Puppet}~
In response to cindy10

Evening girls!

Strawberryfairy
Expert
Strawberryfairy

Hello, Ladies !!!!! Thanks for signing up !!!

I'll post a survey that you'll need to fill out for your partner in the next day or two!

Edited by Strawberryfairy on 11-23-08 05:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Hi girls How was everyone's weekend?

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to .MaRLeNe.

I am in!

Scrapper from NY
Mayor
Scrapper from NY
In response to farnsworth

Hey Marlene!

Weekend was great...5 loads of laundry later on Sunday I had a break around 2pm til bedtime! lol

I did get a swap done so that was great!

What about you girl?

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Hi Bethany you're too funny! There's always tons of laundry right? Mine was good, I got to scrap with my friend yesterday and I got tons of stuff done!

Scrapper from NY
Mayor
Scrapper from NY
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Nice!

I barely have time during the weet to get laundry done so I do it on the weekend and with the kids this weekend it was even more to do!

Crazy times!

I hate having to get quarters and sharing the machine but I took it over yesturday...hehehe

~{Puppet}~
Queen
~{Puppet}~

Evening girls! JCI!

Strawberryfairy
Expert
Strawberryfairy

Hi, Ladies! Bethany: I totally hear ya on the laundry thing. It's just me and dd right now, but it seems like the pile never disappears!

I'm going to post the survey in the OP here. You will need to copy, paste and pm to whoever your partner is.

We do have one international player, so if there is anyone who wants to stick w/a US partner only, please pm me! Postage on my international pkg for the first R & S swap was around $5 -- not too bad!

cindy10
Pro
cindy10

Good morning everyone! I was up til 3 am assigning Pals for a Swap,and PMing everybody their Pal's surveys. WHEW! Took me HOURS!!!
As for THIS swap, I can't wait to tell my Partner about the things on the list that I L O V E !!
Are we having Partners, like we are buying for each-other, or do we buy for one, and receive from another?

Page 1 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics