Page 1 of 15 
Username Post: ~*May*~ Handmade Kit Swap**FULL and Swapping**        (Topic#1557647)
crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

If you know me, you know that I LOVE handmade embellishments! So I thought I'd start this swap for those of you who also love handmade embellishments. Basically, this is going to be a swap in which you will put together a kit according to the guidlines. I'm usually not too big on rules, but they can't be avoided in this type of swap. I will list a color and you will make your embellishments in any hue of that color...as long as they coordinate with the patterned paper that you chose.

The kits should include:
4 coordinating 6x6 sheets of patterned paper
3 coordinating handmade flowers (any type)
12 inches of coordinating ribbon/trim
3 coordinating handmade dragonflies (any type)
1 any type boy critter (die cut/punch/button/brad.. frog, snail, bug etc)
1 coordinating handmade bling item (flourishes, stick pins, charms, blinged out tag, blinged out bottle caps...etc.)

**You may choose to add other items to this kit...that is fine as long as all of the above items are also included.

This should be something that the receiver can take out of the envie and create a lovely layout with. I know that we are all at different skill levels, so just make sure that you do your very best work. I want everyone to feel welcome to participate.

When you sign up, make sure that you send me a PM with your name and address.

After sign ups are done, I will send everyone their pal's name and address.

The finished kit should be mailed to their pal by no later than June 10th. This is very important.

Please make sure that if you sign up, you complete your obligation and finish this swap. I don't want anyone to be unhappy.

The color for the month of may is GREEN! Any shade of green is fine as long as everything coordinates.

Players:

1. hostess
2. Kelly
3. Jessie
4. Heather
5. Sally
6. Donna
7. Nancy
8. Sandra
9. April
10. Vivian
11. Darcie
12. Stacey

**PLEASE CHECK IN WEEKLY LADIES**

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to crafty mom of 5

Yay!! Sign me up.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to Kamananui

Add me too

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to hvn101

hey amy I would be in if people dont mind mailing to canada?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jessielee

I'm in again!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lookin4newideas

What's up with green? LOL.. I just signed up for the May monochromatic challenge and one of the colors is green and then the ABC challenge, the color is also green.

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper

Sign me up please!

Veteran
In response to dkscrapper

I will try this kit again.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to muttleyiam

I've never done this type of swap, but it sounds fun. I would like to play, please.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Claggy

I've been trying to organize all my stuff I've been using the past couple of weeks, getting ready for the big NSD. While doing so, I was looking for green papers. Of course I don't really have any that are coordinating. SO, I decided to attempt making a charm. I happened to have a dragonfly charm and some pretty beads. I strung them onto embroidery thread. It's simple, cute and bling!! Can't wait to put my kit together. Now, everything has to match my charm. (i'm sorry, I get excited over little things like this!)

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• Lookin4newideas Said:
I've been trying to organize all my stuff I've been using the past couple of weeks, getting ready for the big NSD. While doing so, I was looking for green papers. Of course I don't really have any that are coordinating. SO, I decided to attempt making a charm. I happened to have a dragonfly charm and some pretty beads. I strung them onto embroidery thread. It's simple, cute and bling!! Can't wait to put my kit together. Now, everything has to match my charm. (i'm sorry, I get excited over little things like this!)

I'm so proud of you!!!! I use metal pins for mine, but the thread works too, obviously. I would love to see your creation. Did you post a pic?

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to Claggy

Sign me up please

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to skittlesab5

Claggy - Last night I decided to make my dragonflies and I would have started on my flowers, but my daughter had to go to bed and (my Silhouette is a bit loud) and I started reading about Bin Laden and before I knew it, it was around midnight. So, I'll be working on them today and hopefully be done with my kit later today!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Ladies I've got everyone added that wanted to play.

Green...there are lots of ladies that have little boys and we can't very well have pink on those layouts for boys, can we? Besides, green is my favorite color! To me, it signifies new life.

There are only 3 more slots to fill, so it looks like I'll be able to get pals out soon.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to crafty mom of 5

I'm in the process of making my 2nd kit. My first kit isn't all the boyish, so whoever my pal will be if you're ok with teals, you can have it, but I'm hoping you want more boyish looking stuff so I can keep it!! My second kit, I'm using more blues to match some of the blue in the papers.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Where is Vivian? I think greens and dragonflies were her idea. I'm super excited about putting together a more masculine kit.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Kamananui

Vivian hasn't signed up yet for this month.

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake

sorry - mia for one whole day!! count me in definitely. My son had strep throat this weekend. Totally killed my mojo and any desire to peruse sb.com He's much better today.

Edited by Vivian Lake on 05-02-11 04:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Vivian Lake

Glad to hear your son is doing better...I'm hoping my daughter doesn't have it, no benefits We were at my sister's last week and my nephew stayed home for 2 days with a sore throat and dry cough.

I made these froggies and snails tonight and while rummaging through some craft stuff yesterday, I came across those bug eyes and they are so cute!

I think I have used my Silhouette more in the past month than I have in the 3 years I've owned it! This has been so much fun!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

I have never made a dragonfly and avoid all amphibians and reptiles. When I decide to join a swap, I really know when to join in don't I. I had an idea, but I'm not sure how to work it now. Guess I'll be sending a pm to the hostess for an opinion or suggestion. LOL!

Sally-I'm blaming you because you made this look like so much fun in April. (Hope you took that as a tease and not serious.)

Page 1 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics