Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: March recipe card swap -closed and mailed out        (Topic#1571133)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

OOPS - Have a recipe that you came up with quite by accident? You wanted to make something else but didn't have the right ingredients so you experimented with something off the wall and it actually tasted good? Here's your chance to share it with others. I like to call these "OOPS" recipes

Green - Or since March is associated with St. Patrick's Day and doesn't matter who you are, everyone is Irish on St. Patty's day and everyone wears green, so this month's theme is Green! Any recipe involving a green veggie, dessert, drink mix. But be sure it's one you've tried and tested. Now if, you are Irish and have a favorite Irish recipe, then you can sign up for that instead.

Here's the catch: Since this is a scrapbooking site, your recipe card will have to be decorated scrap book style. Say for example, your recipe is chocolate covered cherries, could make your recipe card on brown and red cardstock, add some cherries or red gems/ribbon.

When you sign up, please let me know what your recipe will be and an alternate, in case someone beat you to it.

Here are the rules:

1. Sign-ups will be accepted until 3/17/12.
2. Recipe must be typed out.
3. Recipe card must have at least 3 embellishments
4. Recipe cards must also be made out of a heavy duty cardstock or similar material that is acid free for those who wish to put this in a photo album and must be 4x6. You can make it 8x6 and fold it in half or do a 12x6 and make a trifold.
5. The number of recipes cards you make will depend on the number of people who sign up. I am going to limit it to 10 people per category. If there is more interest, then I might start up a second group.
6. All cards must be in my hands by 3/31/12, that does NOT mean post mark day. I will be swapping them out that week. I want to make sure everyone has their cards in their hands before Easter!

7. Mailing: I will try to use the same envelope as long as it's in good condition. If it's been used numerous times and the outside is getting thin, then you might want to get new envelope. Please include a return address label. I have enough tape, so I can tape it on, if needed. Include the same amount of postage, plus four 10 cents extra postage stamps.

For people swapping from overseas - I accept Paypal. Pm me for my email address.

** OOPS **

1. hostess - pork & bean chili with Manwhich sauce
2. Melissa - Taco pasta shells
3. Johnnie's girl - chicken broccoli ring
4. Nicole

** GREEN **
1. Melissa - Grasshopper Cheesecake
2. Johnnie's girl - pistachio bar dessert
3. Nicole
4. Sally - artichoke spinach dip
5. Jessica - Andes mint thumb print cookies

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 04-15-12 07:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Lookin4newideas

Thanks for hosting this swap again! I had fun making the Valentine's recipe cards. I'd like to sign up for the OOPS category as well as the Green category.

OOPS - Taco pasta shells (I had everything to make tacos, except the shells!!! So, we used a box of jumbo pasta shells and baked the "tacos" instead!)

Green - Grasshopper Cheesecake

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Melissa Birlem

That sounds good. I bet my daughter would love that!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

Hope a few more people sign up this month! I really like this swap!!!

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

hey there - i would like to sign up - for the OOOPS please put me down for "Chicken Broccoli Ring" and for the green I think I will do Pistachio Bar Dessert

Thanks!

Edited by johnniesgirl22 on 03-02-12 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to johnniesgirl22

Woohoo! Welcome JohnniesGirl! How did you come up with the chicken broccoli ring?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Welcome Johnnie's girl. Those sound very yummy!

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

Thank you ladies - the chicken broccoli ring did not call for creme cheese only soup; so I added some creme cheese to it and less soup - I have had different variations on it when I make it - but this one seems to get eaten faster.

Look forward to this swap - I love cooking and have done a couple of others it should be fun! If we do not get more signed up I will consider doing another set of each catagory.

Have a great weekend!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

I'd love to join but its a really busy month. Cakes and bdays everywhere. I'll be back in april

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22
In response to littleMRSimelda

Hey there just checking in - we need to get some more participants!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I know.. I just posted in a few places.. so we'll see.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

This month seems a bit slow for a lot of swaps... so many new ones are popping up all over.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

There are so many different swaps, I guess some people have a hard time choosing? I love to cook, so this swap is perfect for me! I hope it doesn't pitter away :(.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'll keep it going. Even if we're only making three cards, we'll be getting a couple of new recipes in return.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

Thanks Sally! You're the bestest! I love the recipes from Feb. Can't wait to try all of them!

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo

I'll sign up, both groups... I just need to figure out what i am going to do... is this a monthly swap? i would love to see what recipes i could collect over the course of a year.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Kit Scrapo

Yes, I think this is the 4th month since I started it. The first month, there were about 6 different categories, then we did Christmas cookies, then last month was chocolate. I find it's easier to keep the number of categories down to 2 or 3.

(Melissa, you made me blush!)

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

Welcome Nautolan!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

I would love to join this...my only problem is the size of them. I was involved in another recipe swap on another scrapbook site, and every month is had to ALWAYS be 6"x6". So every month, do the sizes change, or are they always 4X6?

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22
In response to jessicaLB

The other recipe swaps I have seen are usually 6 x 6 this is a different size, I am going to try it out.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics