Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: CLOSED-Altered Puzzle Pieces!        (Topic#1579031)
Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Hey everyone! I’m coming to you yet again with another swap!!!
I was asked to host this one by a couple of lovely ladies and of course I was eager to oblige!
So here we go! I actually went to the thrift store with my oldest dd the other day and of course found allot of different puzzles for sale. I picked up 2 boxes of 24 piece puzzles at 69cents a piece! You can’t beat that! Then I saw some brand new ones at the Dollar Tree, so you can pretty much find them without a problem! Here’s the rundown!

Puzzles Pieces:
Let’s stick with the 24 piece size puzzles for altering. I measured the ones in my boxes and they all measured to about 3 inches or just under and I think that’s a good size to use as an embellishment and or on the cover of a mini album. If you get the puzzle pieces from a box that has a higher number (quantity) but the pieces still measure out to about that size, that’s fine. I just don’t think we should use the tiny ones or the big gigantic ones!

Altering:
Please use a minimum of 5 embellishments/techniques to alter your pieces.
Ex: 1. Cover with sb paper 2. Ink the edges 3. Use some ribbon 4. Add a stamped image or die cut 5. Add some bling or stickles
Again, this is just an example of how easy it can be to alter a puzzle piece but still turn out fabulous! I just altered this one before I started this thread!
I covered it with printed paper. I cut the paper just a tid bit larger and used a emery board to distress the edges. After that I inked the edges with some brown ink. Added the ribbon at the bottom and used a little piece of transparency in the middle. Added some bling and a flower and viola!

My 1st altered Puzzle piece! By Ms_Pebbles

Swap amount:
We will alter the pieces to fit the categories below. You can send as many as 4 pieces per category or as little as 1. The amount you send in, (up to 4) will be the same amount that you get back. This way we will not have to worry about flakers!

Due Date:
Sign ups will be open from now until Aug 4th and the pieces will be due to me (not post marked) by Sept 29th! That's about 2 months to create. I am a real stickler for deadlines and due dates, so please be on time or your items will be returned to you. Overseas crafters are welcomed but your creating time will be less since your packages will take longer to get here. PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT.

Return Postage:
You have the option of sending return postage with your package or sending it via PayPal. The PayPal address is pebblesh (underscore) 33@yahoo.com If you send postage with your package please make sure you include the amount that it cost to get it here plus 3 extra stamps. If I don't need the extra stamps, I will send them back to you. Bag each set in a baggie and insert a note stating which category it's for and your screen name.

A next to your name will mean I have received your package!

This round we are going to do words! Your pieces must have the word of the category including on your piece. I'm trying to keep the words 5 letters or less to save room for embellishments.

Smile
Ms. Pebbles
Erin
Molson
Silvia

Angel
Ms. Pebbles
Molson
Silvia

Lucky
Ms. Pebbles
Erin
Molson

Sweet
Ms. Pebbles
Erin
Molson
Ashley
Silvia

Happy
Ms. Pebbles
Molson

LOL
Ms. Pebbles
Molson
Melissa

BFF
Ms. Pebbles
Molson
Melissa

Love
Ms. Pebbles
Ashley
Erin
Molson
Melissa
Silvia

Peace
Ms. Pebbles
Molson

Joy
Ms. Pebbles
Molson

Creators:

1. Ms. Pebbles
2. Ashley
3. Erin
4. Molson
5. Melissa
6. Silvia

ashadevyne
Expert
ashadevyne
In response to Ms_Pebbles

I will take love. Thanks!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to ashadevyne

• ashleyerin19 Said:
I will take love. Thanks!

Hey Ashley!
I will add you now!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

Sign me up for: smile, lucky, sweet, and love

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to silver26AK

• silver26AK Said:
Sign me up for: smile, lucky, sweet, and love

Hey Erin!
Gotcha covered!

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson

I will take all please

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to molson

• molson Said:
I will take all please

Cool beans!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

I'd like sweet, LOL, BFF, and love.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Melissa Birlem

Cool beans! I will add you now!

ashadevyne
Expert
ashadevyne

I will take sweet too pebbles. I think I have some cupcake embellies kicking around here somewhere....

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to ashadevyne

Cool beans!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Good morning ladies!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Good morning ladies!
Here's latest swap! *singing* "I'll be there for you...." lol

"Friends Swap"
See you over there!

This message will repeat in my other swaps!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I would like to do Smile,,,angel,,,,sweet,,, and Love.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to armygirl

• armygirl Said:
I would like to do Smile,,,angel,,,,sweet,,, and Love.

Hi Silvia!
I will add you now.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Good morning ladies!
I usually work on my projects in order of the due date, but I found myself working on these yesterday and love how they are turning out!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 08-02-12 07:04 AM

Will everyone be posting pictures? I love the first one and would love to see more.
I'll be stalking this thread. Lol

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Cinj

We try to, but don't always remember too! LOL

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 08-02-12 11:04 AM

Thanks.
I found a bunch in the search and WOW!!! they are beautiful.

I am so glad I stunbled onto your swap. My son is on the autism spectum and the puzzle piece is the symbo for autism. one of his favorite teachers in the autism program at school is retiring over summer. She promised him she would be at school on the first day to help him get organized for his classes and he really wants to do something nice for her.
I bought her a puzzle piece pin from the local autism awareness program but wanted to do more. My son is buying her a gift card to A.C.Moore because we always run into her there so I am going to try my hand at making one of these to go on her card.
Thanks again for the idea.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Cinj

Cool beans! I don't know if you make jewelry or not but I saw some puzzle piece charms on Oriental Trading Co website and I thought that would make a great charm bracelet for that as well!

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics